drivers on win2k/fat32...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivers on win2k/fat32...

the wierdest thing happened to me last night. I installed win2k/sp2 professional over win98se since there seems to be a patch that supports mjpeg and the 5.39 driver installs and works, but the 2.04 video tools does NOT install. it acts like its going to install by unpacking and all, but then, after unpacking, it just stops working for no good reason it seems.

can I dualboot with win98se/win2kntfs? I need to know if I can split the disk in half, and put win98se on the first fat32 partition, and then put win2k on the second half, which would be the ntfs partition. the only reason I want to try ntfs is maybe video tools 2.04 will install then?? I am just guessing at this point but if someone has come across this problem, let me know how you fixed it if at all.

here is the exact drivers I downloaded from http://www.murc.ws/VidTools.html:

Latest Release
    Version: 2.04
    Date: 12 July 2001
    Size: 18MB
    Download: Single international version
    Support: Rainbow Runner-G Marvel G200 Marvel G400
    Display Driver: Display Driver 5.39 (4.0MB)
    Info: This release does NOT support MJPEG, it supports YUY2 and RGB on the Marvel G400 and only RGB on the Marvel G200 and Rainbow Runner-G when using third party apps.
    Extras: Patch to add MJPEG support

sys config:
    mainboard: abit kt7a/1.4tbird/512crucial
    video: marvel g400tv
    scsi: symbios wide scsi controller with 10k bootdisk and two 18gig capture drives.
    cdroms: all plextor scsi
    soundcard: turtle beach santa cruz

also, I just added a wd1200jb which doesnt want to work correctly with win98se but it did seem to work fine under win2k/sp2. its the controller that is not working correctly under win98se for whatever puzzling reason.

thanks.

hehe, funny. this would be the first time I reply to myself. anyway, I fixed my problem simply by ditching win98se and installing win2k/ntfs/sp2 and I have not installed 4in1 drivers but I probably should, but I didnt want to chance it bugging out to begin with so I did not. I will try however. if it messes up, I will just reinstall and add 4in1 at the front of the reinstall/reconfig process. ok so to sum it up, I INSTALLED WIN2K AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO WORK INCLUDING MJPEG SUPPORT WITH THE FIX!

very well then, if anybody has had problems, this might help.

Comment

Working...
    X