Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Hey everyone. I have not been around in a while, but I was just wondering. Anyone heard any rumors, or fact on when or if Matrox is coming out with a new card aimed more toward Gaming? Just wondering. I just built a new system.

Abit KR7-133 Raid Mother Board
    Athlon 1900+ Processor (Retail)
    Enlight 7237 Case
    Enermax 350W Power Supply
    512 MB PC2100 DDR Ram
    Maxtor 40 Gig 7200RPM Hard Drive
    ASUS V7100 Pro (GeForce2) Video Card
    SB Live 5.1 Sound Card
    3Com NIC (connects to DSL)
    3Com NIC (Connects to Home Network)
    HP 9100 CDRW
    Sony 52X CDrom

Ok, now let me have it...I know, I know I went with another card. The thing is, is my old system, which is now the one my kids use, was a P3 450, and has my G400 MAX in it. I love my Max!! But I wanted somthing newer. I dont like this card. I want another Matrox card. My uses are Internet via DSL, Home Networking, Gaming, and some Desktop Publishing....I want to hold out for another Matrox card, but I am getting anxiouse to get a better card. Can anyone recommend somthing or tell me how long of a wait I am in for. Heck, is my MAX better off in the new system?? Just wondering. I know the new card seems faster, but the quality SUCKS. Any advice or info you can tell me would be great.

Thanks,
    SJRACER
    Bitte ein Bit

If you want rumors and speculations, you want the Crystal Ball forum.
    You'll find hours of reading material about future Phantom products over there...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

You could pick up a cheap Matrox PCI card, you would only need a 8MB one, and run your 2D through that.

If you monitor has dual inputs, all the better, if not you would have to set up some sort of switch for your monitor, unless you wanted to go Dual Head.

Just a thought. Could last you another few months until the next M card is anounced/released.

Ali

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I may just hold out untill the next card is announced, whenever that is. I will just bare with this one for now.

Thanks

SJRACER
        Bitte ein Bit

Comment

Phantom products hell

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X