Electric Cars...Cool Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Cars...Cool Link

Here's a link to a company making Electric cars.
    I've seen these in the Silicon Valley and people are actually using them to get to work.
    Corbin Motors

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

One guy here at HP drives a car that I think may be their "Sparrow" model. I can't say for sure because the web site didn't have a picture of the car from the rear.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I remember seeing a special on TLC about them fandangled machines. They seem pretty cool, don't know if they would last long through a Canadian winter.

I like the Merlin Roadster!
      Last edited by ZokesPro; 14 April 2002, 11:11.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

We have electric hook-ups at our comapny. WE hae about 2 per 4 buildings. Pretty nice of them.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hybrids are more practical than a pure battery/electric if only for the range factor.

Personally I want a fuel cell/electric.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The Toyota Prius seems okay, but I'd never drive an Insight. There's a few around town, but I'm kind of surprised they sold at all. Two seats, no other space to speak of, and a low enough cargo weight that I couldn't have a girl and my backpack in the car at the same time.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
              The Toyota Prius seems okay, but I'd never drive an Insight. There's a few around town, but I'm kind of surprised they sold at all. Two seats, no other space to speak of, and a low enough cargo weight that I couldn't have a girl and my backpack in the car at the same time.
              Wombat....you say this like you would actually have a girl in your car

Rags

Comment

Sure would. Girls loove to go dancing.

Comment

Sure would. Girls loove to go dancing.
                  Yeah. We all know how often Linux users pick up girls to go "dancing"

Rags

Comment

Oh, every now & then....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is this dancing or judo?

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Last time me and the wife tried that position I ended up in the hospital.
                        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

I think it's the sparrow that I saw around Atlanta. Also Saturn makes EV's...they're just not as cool. I've only seen them used commercially, though.

Aside from range, one of the main problems with the proliferation of EV's is that there aren't enough charging stations around. At least one of the malls in Atlanta had a charging station, and I know some businesses had some as well....but it's still not enough.

b
                          Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

(on dancing)

That looks like the Jitterbug, something I know well. Love big band music & the dancing that goes with it.

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Honda has just announced a regular 4 door civic with the insight's hybrid system. Seems pretty spiffy.

Car and Driver actually liked it, too!
                              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                              X