going digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going digital

I'm finally ready to take some serious steps into digital video. I am looking at buying capture board and software first, then getting DV Camcorder (probably Canon Elura or JVC XXXXX) in a month or so. Anyway, I have read some good things about the Canopus DV Raptor and find it offered on Videoguys with MSP 6.0 as a bundle. Anybody now working with that combination? What are the advantages of the Raptor? Downside? If I get the Raptor, can I still use my Marvel G200TV as my main video card or are conflicts likely? Thanks for any advice.

Thanks Phil for your firsthand comments. I have also been reading here about a PYRO bundle with MSP6. Seems to be $100 less. Dr. M has made some good comments here about both cards. I guess I will read some other posts and get a clear understanding of what dualhead is. That seems to be an important benefit of the Raptor.

[This message has been edited by dchip (edited 17 May 2000).]

Comment

No problems running RAPTOR and Marvel G200 here! Not TV version - I'm in UK. Runs just fine under WIN 98 on my PII 450Mhz system. Can capture from both MARVEL and RAPTOR independently (never tried same time!). You may want to check the RAPTOR user forum at www.canopuscorp.com about your camera choice to check for possible incompatibilities.

Haven't found a downside to the RAPTOR - on the upside it installs very easily and the s/w works well. I got mine bundled with MSPro V5.2 but I believe they only do Premier or RapEdit (their own s/w) now.
      Phil
      AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

Working...
      X