IE 6 runtime errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 6 runtime errors

i keep getting a pop up screen when i load web pages in ie 6 saying runtime error then giving me the option to debug in microsoft visual studio. i have since uninstalled visual studio but the problem remains only now i cannot debug because visual studio has been removed. what is this problem and how can i stop it from happening. i have to click through avbout 4 message box's before loading most web pages. any advice uch appreciated
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Try Uninstalling and Reinstalling IE-6 or doing a repair on the current install.
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

i too am getting these kinds of errors...mine started after running windows update(..i don't know which one though). i don't get them very often and not consistantly, so its' hard for me to complain about.

on this system of mine, soon after i see this error, the performance of my system degrades pretty quick...logging off and then back on fixes it.

i am running xp pro w/IE6 and all of its' "security patches"

cc

Comment

yup, win98se and ie6 with the same
        System 1:
        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
        Epox 8K7A
        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
        SBLIVE 5.1
        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
        3Com Hardware Modem
        Teac 20/10/40 burner
        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Chucky Cheese,a friend of mine experienced strange problems after a security update this week. He uninstalled the security update and the problems went away, I will ask him which security update caused the problems.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

There is an option in IE 6 called "Deactivate Scriptdebugging", set it and you should be fine.

Nice weekend alltogether,

Cartman
            main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

thanks a lot MetalCartman problem solved and now i can use the internet many times faster. your help is uch appreciated thanks again
              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Yes. Sometimes that particular setting gets "confused".

I make a point, every time I'm in the Internet settings, to toggle "show an window for every error" on and off, hitting apply between, and "disable script debugging" off and then on, also hitting apply between.

*shrug*

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

thanks KeiFront

cc

Comment

i just turned off that script debugging option and revisited a site i was on today that caused that problem...it didn't occur. i refreshed it 10 times.

hopefully it is fixed!!!!

thanks MetalCartman!!!!

cc

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you but it was a hotfix that caused the problem and he doesn't know which one anymore . But I've seen you have solved the problem with turning off script debugging
                      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

so far it does seem to be gone!

cc

Comment

Working...
                        X