Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sega Dreamcast

Yo,

There are some good points in visiting god forgotten countries like Portugal (except for being with my girlfriend).
    I just bought a Dreamcast for the sole purpose of playing Soul Calibur (too bad I couldn't find the game )
    Meanwhile Ie been trying to check over the net to see how usefull it might be for other things. I saw it can play MP3, browse the web (modem ) etc.

Does anyone know anything usefull about this toy ? Should I but a keyboard ? Install Linux ? etc. etc. etc.

Try not to put "Damn, you're stupid !" kind of remarks in your answer, if any

If you can rent Soul Caliber just make a copy of it, you don't need a mod-chip! My buddy bought one and his system isn't modded, plus all he has is burned copies. When you play one all you'll see is a warning message then you just continue on and play away.

But apperently the cd's are hard to copy. That's probably the only down side.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

On the other hand, the games themselves are excellent, rivalling even the newest consoles.
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Surfing even on a SVGA display is disagreeable. I tried at work when they were testing an internet game over modem on a DC. If you do, get the keyboard and the mouse. I believe the newer browser discs could use a mouse.

Comment

god forgotten countries
          I really don´t know who´s country god forgot the most

Comment

Nuno,

God forgotten countries include Portugal, Costa Rica etc.
            All those countries you never hear about in the news because everything is ok there.

I wish Israel would be god forgoten without any of those "holy places" to fight for or to use as excuses for war.

Comment

Sorry, I guess I overreacted a bit as it sounded as you were refering to Portugal with some disdain. That´s ok then
              And I do feel for what´s happening over your country.

So, be welcome

Comment

You can't copy Dreamcast discs, 'cuz they aren't CD's. You CAN, however, burn the rips that are floating around on the Internet.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  You can't copy Dreamcast discs, 'cuz they aren't CD's. You CAN, however, burn the rips that are floating around on the Internet.

- Gurm
                  Something like that. I don't have a Dreamcast so i was going by what I heard.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

- Gurm
                    Depending on who's asking, I may or may not know a couple of people who may or may not have burnt at least 40-60 games each that may or may not have been downloaded from the internet.

b
                    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Thanks guys !

In the end I decided not to be cheap (and maybe stupid instead) and shelled out the money for:

2nd controller
                      2mb memory card
                      1 shock thing for 1 controller
                      a nice case to put it all in
                      and the games: Shenmu, Dead or Alive 2 and the one and only - SOULCALIBUR !!!

/me is a happy person now !

The things I still need are:

The game controller with the stick (like in the real machines)
                      An S-VIDEO cable for the dreamcast
                      A lot of free time to beat the crap out of them fighting games !

Comment

What happened to the GD-ROM for PC that Sega was going to release?

Comment

Working...
                        X