Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet TV

http://lycos.vidnet.com/cgi-bin/start.pl

I have a T1 line. When I play the video on the above site... and zoom it full screen... it's easy to see why there's so much hype about the Internet.

With even more significant improvement, it'll challenge over-the-air broadcast TV... easy.

Yeah.. pity it's RealVideo.. the poxiest format ever invented (maybe with exception of Vivo, if anyone remembers that invention).. Just think how good could it be with high band ASF or any mpeg4 variation.
    As i feel like ranting- there's one thing i have never understood about net - having all tools ready and installed on every win9X and above system by default, media creators with manic persistance keep converting all those trailers and videos to small in visible form and huge in filesize G2's and QT's. Sick colours, jerky framerate, plugins like Jehowa Witnesses popping up to remind you of registration, "news" noone would give broken pencil about, unrequested upgrades or new spam in your mailbox. Usualy it would happen in the middle of your game, or editing job, returning you to desktop with loud DANG! from Dr. Watson...
    Why, why bother if 90% of machines on earth have mpeg4 compatible media player built in, ready and waiting. If excuse is that yankees choose QT for their Apple Macs compatibility then there is no excuse. I've read somewhere that only every 12th networked Mac machine has i-net connection. All together in percentage there is more people browsing net on Solaris than on Macs. Noone seems to be conerned about those so...
    I don't know, maybe it's just me...

Comment

We just got coolcast (www.coolcast.com) over ADSL. Mostly ASF. Quality is amazing (on a 768kbps connection)compared with usual internet video designed to stream at 28.8 or 56. They bypass internet congestion problems by beaming direct by satellite to the local ISP, from where it goes on by DSL. They need a better selection of channels though...

Comment

Working...
      X