Win2k: system tools in path not recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k: system tools in path not recognized

I haven't tried to run these in the past couple weeks, but when trying today, they don't work. Things such as ping, net, nbtstat don't work from the command prompt unless I'm in the C:\Winnt\System32\ directory. These usually work just fine for me. I haven't personally modified the path ever.

The only two things I've installed recently were American Express Blue card reader software (with smart chip reader), a divx codec (4.something). I have deleted a couple of games, but not uninstalled them since they weren't "installed" in the first place. My current path is:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\Sy stem32\Wbem;D:\Program Files\American Express\BLUE

PATHEXT is:
    .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Nevermind, solved.

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Changed path in Environment Variables to remove Amex stuff.

Cleared the path using "path ;" on command line, reset path on command line to not include Amex....things work fine. Obviously Amex stuff messed up my path, although nothing looked wrong with it.

b

Comment

Working...
      X