Avatars! Why did you choose yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatars! Why did you choose yours

Sorry chaps but I'm bored and the Crystal Ball isnt lighting my fire so I thought I might ask a question that I've wanted to ask for the past few weeks or so.

Would anyone like to tell us the reasons behind the interesting gifs that they use for their Avatars (Gurm/Greebe etc)? Do many have a story behind theirs or is it just a case of finding a pic that one finds interesting.

Just in case anyone wants to incriminate me over mine, I choose a Jackass/Donkey simply because of an inhouse joke at work. (I was that Joke)!

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

I liked Pixar's short movie "For the birs" (shown here in theaters just before Monsters Inc.). This image is part of a frame in the movie, I liked this birds' expression.

Earlier I was working on a 3D logo with my initials (VJ), but I ran into some problems mapping the materials, etc... Perhaps it will come someday.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Gosh, I wonder why I did.
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well, I was looking for anything with a Hammer in it

Comment

Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

Cuz I was always being asked what the heck a Greebe is...

<----- now you know
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

That'd be helpfull if I knew what the heck your avatar was.

Mine's just a nice pair of headphones, Sennheiser HD600's.

Cuz I was always being asked what the heck a Greebe is...

Comment

Because Paint Rulez of course

...or was it because I didn't have a good avatar, and only had 23 seconds to make one...
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Because one of my other usernames is "fox", and I love this picture!
                  There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
                  For so long as one´s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
                  -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

Mine is from the Marzocchi company. They make suspension for mountain bikes, among thme the "ZokesPro" series suspension for mountain bikes. Oh yeah, I have a pair on my mountain bike too otherwise I would have found something else. Mine are just the regular Zokes.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I forget where I got thisun peekchur 8D
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                        I liked Pixar's short movie "For the birs" (shown here in theaters just before Monsters Inc.). This image is part of a frame in the movie, I liked this birds' expression.

Earlier I was working on a 3D logo with my initials (VJ), but I ran into some problems mapping the materials, etc... Perhaps it will come someday.

Jörg
                        Any idea where I might be able to download the 'For the birds'? I thought it was great!

My avatar is the peperami thing - why? I have no idea! (Maybe it's cos I'm 'a bit of an animal' )

Comment

Jon it's the smiley face space ship from the movie HeavyMetal
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Mine is a recolor of the Headmaster Transformer Nightbeat mugshot on his boxart!

One of the coolest TF personalitys ever created!
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                              Jon it's the smiley face space ship from the movie HeavyMetal
                              It figuers, it figuers

LOL
                              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X