Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want one but one question

Sexy Mordred or other gods.....

I have a simple question. Infact 3-4 more....

Does the RT2000/RT2500 set up act like a g400 in so much as you can play most video non rt2500 clips such as divx and have this come out "dual head" fasion out of your monitor just like my present g400marvel does? I love this dual head feature. I would miss it like crazy.

Does the rt2000 etc baulk at macrovision signals or even weak signals and say NO GO AWAY AND DIE SCUM... sort of thing. If so do patches exist yet?

Does the RT2000 etc handle signal loss well and just keep capturing black frames or does it halt the capture or insert duff frames. Whats the deal with low grade VHS captures that flicker basically... does it handle them.

Anyone have any problems converting rt2500 streams through virtualdub into divx? I just love my divx!

Any ideas. I know this isnt a techie problem, more a review request.
    Last edited by truthseekers; 10 April 2002, 19:40.

Re: rt2000 i want one but one question

You can use the "dual head" to play other video out like with the Marvel, but NOT if you using the latest driver and video tools for the RT2000. I don't know if the RT2500 is any better but personally I found my RT2000 to be a "bit stuttery" on occasions compared with my Marvel when playing a DVD etc through the TV out. The best bet is to make your system multi-boot and have one OS set up with latest (stable!) RT2x00 drivers and vid tools and another using either old drivers (up to MVT2 I think) or use Millenium G400 drivers - you might have to fiddle with the .inf though - I can't remember it's a while since I've bothered doing it.

I've never had a macrovision problem with the RT2000 - no patches required.

I've never had any problems with dropped frames, but I've never tried a "really bad" source to see what the effect is.

DivX through VD is no problem.

Rob.

Comment

I've never had playback problems with my RT-2000 as long as the system was fast & stable. The old Asus P3B-F with a PIII/850 worked great. The new ECS K7S5A with an AthlonXP 2000+ is likewise very solid.

Never had any macrovision issues here either.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well Doc, don't know about you personally, but your PC is looking pretty damn sexy these days.
        WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Yeah, I caught that reference but chose to pass on commenting

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

thanks i got one

Thanks for the advice. I got a rt2000 second hand. Bargain. However I dont have any problems with picture stability or dropped frames but sound capture from DV via firewire sounds tinny.

Im going to try and find a work around but if anyone knows any obvious reasons why drivers 3 and sp1 running through premiere6 wouldnt work please let me know ;-)

Comment

If the source audio sounds tinny then that's what you are going to end up with

I also suggest you run MVT 3.1b which is the most stable driver version out there. Also maybe you can post your system specs to help us out.

Thanks
              Elie
              ------
              Tyan S2460
              Dual AthlonXP 1800+
              1024 megs DDR2100
              Windows WinXP Pro
              Boot drive: Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 30 gig
              Premiere 6.01
              Matrox G450 + RT2500
              80 Gig Maxtor D740X 80 gig audio/video drive
              Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

What sound card do you have?

...but sound capture from DV via firewire sounds tinny
                Any chance this is because you have a sound card that does not handle 48 KHz? I discovered I had this problem with a SB AWE64 sound card when captured DV was played back on the computer. The audio sounds fine when sent back to the DV camcorder however.

Comment

Working...
                X