Hardware DivX player - read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware DivX player - read this

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Well....we now have WMA and WMV coming from APEX and MPEG-4 coming from others.

At what point do we stop calling them "DVD players" and start calling them "MultiMedia players"??

Not to mention the changes in IEEE-1394 enabled camcorders; in that they will be recording a lot more formats than DV now that there's going to be something to play those formats on.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

Not to mention the changes in IEEE-1394 enabled camcorders; in that they will be recording a lot more formats than DV now that there's going to be something to play those formats on.
      I notice that the Panasonic NV-MX350B will record in MPEG4 - don't know what the quality is like though....

Rob.

Comment

I think what they are aiming it are goodies like this upcoming toy : http://www.archos.com/us/products/product_jbmm.html

Farid

Comment

that archos is very tempting

some more mpeg4 stuff here

Comment

I've seen the Realmagic X-card, it looks very interesting. Sorta like DVDMax with any graphics card. I love my Hollywood+.

I'm curious about the divx/edigital deal however. How is divx making money from what is basically a hacked, stolen Microsoft codec? It would seem that this would be something that would be shot down right away.

Comment

Working...
            X