Chat Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Box

Wouldn't it be nice to have a MURC chat box as well? Might make a lot of discussions a lot more lively and interesting (Parhelia/Parhelion and whatever comes to mind...)

Umf
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Try this #murc

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

There is the IRC channel that Sasq mentions, I also have a Java based chat room as part of the server package that could be used if anyone was interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
        There is the IRC channel that Sasq mentions, I also have a Java based chat room as part of the server package that could be used if anyone was interested.
        Ant,
        Sounds like a nice idea. Would it take much to get it up and running? Last time I tested IRC I had a problem getting connected.

Regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Some of us are at work

Indeed, I can run java based chat boxes from the office. No IRC though...

Pls, Pls, pretty pls?

Umf
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Darn e-mail notifications

And can we have email notifications disabled by default? I ALWAYS forget to turn m off....

Also, how do I log out, I always appear to be logged in...?

Comment

Yep, forgot it again. By now I'm notified that I have replied to my posting in a thread started by me.

One might think I'm lonely or sumting....

Comment

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Ahum... Thx.

Can we get back to the actual topic at hand pls?

Umf

Comment

Umfriend: at work the problem is you can't access port 6667 due to firewall restrictions or, your not allowed to install an irc client?

Dan
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Both actually. We are not allowed to install any executable (but if u mail me an executable, I can run it).

Then there's the firewall too. Anycase, I'd rather not go against compnay policy (aside form using java chat boxes that is )

Why?

Umf

Comment

Depends if port 6667 is blocked but there is a (i think java applet) browser based IRC applet for dalnet at www.dal.net Try giving that a go

Dan
                        Juu nin to iro

Comment

Doesn't seem to work, or better: I don;t know how to do it.

Comment

OK folks if you are interested I now have a chat box running integrated with the forums. I'm still working out one or two issues but if you want to try it just hit the follwoing URL.

Comment

Working...
                            X