I miss my G400 MAX :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss my G400 MAX :(

A couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade my G400 MAX to a more 3d gaming oriented card, and I chose a GF3 ti200 card.. Now here's my problem(s)..
    First of all, I was told this card has TV-Out so that I could continue to display movies on my TV that I watch through my computer, this is a feature I *must* have.

When I got the card, sure it has TV-Out, but who is the ******* idiot that coded the driver so that there is no hotkey option to switch between monitor/TV? I mean sure I can go into the driver and switch to TV output, but how am I supposed to be able to navigate back using the mouse when the TV is not within my field of view from my computer?

My options.. Well there's always 3rd party programs(duh! being forced to use 3rd party programs to be able to use a feature I thought I PAID for already) and I found one that people recommended.. TV Tool.. Well, yeah.. It bugs out and all I get is flicker on my screen as soon as I start the program(tried with a bunch of different drivers for the card, I am running WinXP on an Athlon 1ghz btw, and the GF3 ti200 in question is an ABit Siluro).

So does anyone have any suggestions? Because I am pretty close to beating down the clerk at the store where I bought the card and shoving the POS card where the sun don't shine..

I'd like to keep the card because I hate running around and returning items I bought etc. Are there any other SMALL and SIMPLE 3rd party programs to control the TV-Out(Hotkeys REQUIRED) or am I f00ked?

As for other options, if I return the card, what other cards are there that offer good gaming performance as well as TV-Out? G400 MAX DH rocked because of the dual ramdacs, am I correct in understanding that the Radeon 8500 also has two ramdacs and works in the same fashion as my G400 MAX?

Please.. I need help...
    (oh yeah feel free to beat on me when I'm down for ditching my Matrox card.. Reason I came here is that I have no idea where to turn to for a GF3 issue and these are the only sensible forums I know)

- Avron -

Give the card back, save up for a few months till it hits the store, and then buy a Parhelia

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hehe well... Not really an option since I need this issue resolved now..

Comment

Yes the Radeon should work fine.

Comment

Working...
        X