Who wants to make a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to make a game?

Ok, folks. I have recently once again revisited my old notebook, and am dredging up the idea of an RPG.

But not just any RPG. A fusion between MUD technology and MMOGs.

I have a vision of a game system that will span multiple servers - where anyone with a fast connection can help host the game.

I have a vision of a game universe where players can modify the game in realtime, and admins can make major changes to the scenery while the game is running!

The thing is... I need help. Lots of it. I need fellow programmers, artists, suckers... err... BETA TESTERS (*wink*), and people who just generally won't mind running some persistent network code on their machine so that we can test things.

Want more information? Message me or e-mail me.

gurm42@hotmail.com (email and MSN messenger)
    gurm42 (Yahoo and AIM)
    4503460 (ICQ)

This could be REALLY good. I'm already trying to link up with a couple other groups with similar goals. Who wants in?

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

HEY!!! Some people enjoy blowing up their computers with Beta software. What fun are PC's if they never crash?

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hey, I'll be a suc... beta tester! If you wanna talk to me,
      Yahoo: screwmicrosoft01

Comment

But not just any RPG. A fusion between MUD technology and MMOGs.
        FYYASOABWIFNSANHBJFAKWYDAM
        Last edited by KvHagedorn; 16 April 2002, 19:38.

Comment

Can you run that by me again???

Comment

Who me? You mean you don't just automatically know what I was talking about there? What are you, some unsophisticated dumbass or something?

Last edited by KvHagedorn; 9 April 2002, 03:54.

Comment

Sounds fun, if rather complicated.
              Why not just run a MUD?

Whats it going to be about anyway?

How about :

MURC-MUD!
              The quest for the Holy Parnhelia
              Undertake an epic journey across time space and unreality in your efforts to uncover the rumored Next Generation Matrox Card!

FIGHT the hordes of NVidiots!
              PUZZLE over your ATI drivers!
              WISH you'd put up with your old G400 and hadnt bought a Radeon!
              SOLVE RIDDLES from Matrox's PR department.
              CURSE the Matrox Beta-Boys for being smug buggers who like you to think then know something you dont!
              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

LOL

Comment

*ahem* apparently I used some Acronyms.

MUD = Multi-User D... (some people say Dungeon, some say Domain)

MOO = Multi-User Object Oriented

Basically MUDs and MOOs are persistent online worlds that are 100% object-oriented. Everything in the game is an Object.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Heh.. thanks for the clarification.

Comment

* heh * I wrote a pen and paper RPG once.

An I remember clearly what a back-breaking load of work that was!

...If you need someone to write and draw then drop me a line!

fox-home
                      There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
                      For so long as one´s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
                      -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Schattenreiter
                        * heh * I wrote a pen and paper RPG once.

An I remember clearly what a back-breaking load of work that was!

...If you need someone to write and draw then drop me a line!
                        Ditto to that. I've done my own scenarios using others rules (GURPS, Cyberpunk 2020, Tunnels and Trolls, Car Wars) and even hashed together my own game systems once or twice when occasion needed it.

If you want some prose etc, I'll be happy to lend a hand. Unfortunately as far as art goes, I cant draw curtains.
                        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

hmm...what kind of programing

Comment

Yep, which programming language? Beta testing sounds nice
                            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Probably "C#"
                              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X