List of rules when entering western states:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of rules when entering western states:

I just got this in an email, it's titled for Montana, but it pretty much applies to all the Mountain west states :

M O N T A N A

This list of rules will be handed to each person as they enter the state.

1. That slope-shouldered farm boy you are snickering at did more work before breakfast than you will do all week at the gym. How'd you like to go home and tell your momma you got your butt kicked by a big guy in bib overalls?

2. It's called a "gravel road." No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your BMW. I have a four wheel drive because I need it. Now drive or get it out of the way.

3. We all started hunting and fishing when we were nine years old. Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.

4. Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get your butt kicked...by our women.

5. Pull your pants up, and turn your hat around. You look like an idiot.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of mallards are making their final approach, we will shoot it. You might hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

7. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey.

8. Yeah, we have sweet tea. It comes in a glass with two packets of sugar and a long spoon.

9. You bring Coke into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice.

10. So you have a sixty thousand dollar car. We're real impressed. We have quarter-million dollar combines that we use two weeks a year.

11. Let's get this straight. We may have one stoplight in town. We stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's yellow.

12. Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks-because they want to. So, you're a feminist. Isn't that cute.

13. Yeah, we eat Catfish,Trout, Northern, walleye and Ling, too. If you really want sushi and caviar, it's available at the bait shop.

14. They are Pigs, Cows and Sheep That's what they smell like. Get over it. Don't like it? Interstates 90, 94 & Interstate 15 go two ways....get on one of them.

15. The "Opener" refers to the first days of fishing and deer season. They are religious holidays. You can get breakfast at the church.

16. So what if every person in every pick-up waves? It's called being friendly. Understand the concept?

17. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit in the water hazards. It spooks the fish.

Rags

Amen!

Just to reiterate...

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Hey, I'm from the MID-west and all of that would apply HERE too!!

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Amen to that, I saw a couple of homeboy (sp?) wannabe's the other day here. one actually had the crotch of his jeans half way between his ankles and his knees.

Just one question. WHY?

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

The Montanans here love that list, I sent it around.

As for the sagging pants, I find it sad that a prison "style" has become fashionable.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, it is....but it's fun-as-HELL watching those morons walk in a Michigan snowstorm, especially if there's ice underneath

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

i saw this guy and girl walking along the street today. the guy had boxers on and his jeans were right below the bottom of his cheeks.. and his shirt pulled up.. quite strange really... is it the guys jealous of the women for wearing hotpants for years? maybe now the homeboys are just trying to show off a little ass.. or big in the case today..

its soooo soooo annoying tho to see people with this fashion sense.. i just want to yell at them for some reason..

ok im done

9. You bring Coke into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice.

this is quite true as well.. i grew up in the country and not once have i seen coke yet.... compaired to all my other friends who live in other places in the states they were exposed between the ages of 11-15 the first time.

all i gotta say is "cow tipping"
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I've never tried cow tipping but god damn does that look like a stompin' good time.
                #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                people do all day!"

Comment

It's a blast (cow tipping)

One night in Vermont after many a drink , a buddy of mine got very close to a snoozing cow, the cow woke and turned to look him square in the eye before "headbutting him to the ground!
                  We laughed for hours over watching my buddy trying to scurry away on his hands and knees

System 1:
                  AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                  Epox 8K7A
                  2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                  an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                  SBLIVE 5.1
                  Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                  3Com Hardware Modem
                  Teac 20/10/40 burner
                  Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Must be something. Not quite scary, but I'm sure nerve wracking.
                    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                    people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Strahd
                      Must be something. Not quite scary, but I'm sure nerve wracking.
                      But it should be scary.
                      When I was a teacher 20 years ago, one of my students had his thigh snapped in two by the cute little calf he had as a 4H project.
                      One casual kick! Them suckers are strong!
                      chuck
                      Last edited by cjolley; 9 April 2002, 13:48.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

You should have seen my best friends thigh after a little whitetail doe, maybe 80 pounds, kicked him. She opened up a 10" gash in his leg that took over 60 internal & external stitches to close.

Wasn't even deer season. We were out picking morel mushrooms & only armed with collection bags

Dr. Mordrid
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 April 2002, 12:56.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

One of my equestrian friends was kicked in the face by a donkey for no good reason. Shattered the side of her face. Now most of her left cheekbone and eyesocket are titanium mesh with bone growing back inside.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

yup, pretty powerful

Here's another victim, never knew what hit him

I'm with the ugly guy below me

(It's amazing how many threads I kill with that line )

Comment

Working...
                            X