Possible pricing for new card??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible pricing for new card??

After reading matrox's forum a conversation between a user and Haig (think he used to do stuff on this board a while back) He hinted that $600 would not get you the top of the range Parhelia it would be probably cost $1200 for that 256meg ver. Which ain't too bad if it's aimed at 3ds Max users / Maya etc.

Couldn't find the thread when I looked today. It was in the Hardware section on matrox's forum.

RANT=-

IMO there isn't much point in producing a GF4 beater for games when most of the people have computer's with intel graphics. With the advent of the XBOX and all that will developers bother incorporating extra features of graphics cards that only a small % of people have when they're porting games.

Hopefully the new card will be focused at the professional open gl etc market and happen to score good in 3dmark.

Most people that i talked to while i was working in a large computer superstore in the UK had never heard of Matrox. Were only after Geforce cards. Hopefully this will change.

Last edited by Fluff; 8 April 2002, 05:09.