Video Tools in Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Tools in Windows XP

I have a Marvel G400. I am running the latest G450 drivers 582 and VT210a. Everything installs and runs pretty good. I have given up on video capture for now, but I would like to get the channel preview working. The button is black and just does not function as is the snapshot button on the remote controll. Is there a way to activate the preview function? I know it works with the earlier VT versions. Why is it disabled in this version ?

Over 78 views and 0 replies. I guess that says a lot about the future of Matrox Marvel cards.

Comment

There is no future for Marvel cards.

Matrox announced some months ago that they where dropping the "low-end" capture cards. Only high-end capture cards (ala RT2500) will continue to be produced.

They also announced no future development for drivers and vid tools for the Marvel/RRG series. The drivers and tools on M's site are Final for all G200-G450 Marvels and RRGs.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

may be true but . . .

Could somebody who has the info at hand please post what the latest hacks are to get the VTs working properly under various OSes. I realize this subject is covered in other posts, but an up-to-date, cohesive version would be nice.

TYVM,

Pat

G400/RR-G CuV4x Win-ME

Comment

MURC has them archived and discribed here;

and here;

Please note that the 1.54 video tools ability to support YUY2 captures is seriously broken.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 April 2002, 23:19.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I have a G400MAX + RRG working under WinXP. I was able to get the TV tuner working, but thats about it. There are some posts on MURC where people claim to have hacks, try the search engine.
            ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

well.. the silver lining might be ... why is the NEW card good for video people..doc.......???

and if not... is it that hard to update a driver for for an os (xp) based on an os (NT) that is several years old)??
              P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
              MSI 645 Ultra
              256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
              Matrox Marvel G200
              etc...
              ect....

Comment

fer sher, Captain Marvel, of course we've all heard of Matrox's "send us your old capture card whose owners we're currently abusing and we'll send you a new one" offer ;-(

Comment

I was going to apologize for the above 'cause MTS's latest "try this" appeared to have worked . . . then it crapped out, again.

On the other hand, I get to add this little gem of wisdom . . .

Fixing MinFileCache=128000, MaxFileCache=128000 in system.ini, and disabling PowerOptions, cured audio/video recording synching problems in PC-VCR, and also gave much smoother playback. This worked even though I had on-board sound.

YMMV

GB

G400DH16MB, RR-G
                  CuV4x, P3-667, 576MB, SBLive
                  Windows-Me

Comment

Hi every body! i have a question, a simple question !
                    who knows where can i find a "wise installer " VT 2.04 ???
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scooter4
                      Hi every body! i have a question, a simple question !
                      who knows where can i find a "wise installer " VT 2.04 ???
                      http://home.planet.nl/~editor

Comment

well guys hi again- i just want to ask you ...anyinformation about VT 2.04- do somebody knows something? thanks a lot

Comment

Thanks a lot TEMPEST !! u r my lucky star ...
                          tHANKS A LOT AGAIN !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X