Another Botched BIOS on a G400DH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Botched BIOS on a G400DH

Did nVidia send out some sort of ECM to fudge G400 Adapters???

I have a dead G400DH which I tried to use the Matrox recovery tool to resurrect. It looks like the PINS data is damaged. Here is some of the screen output when booted with Mill2 PCI.

-------
    Found G400AGP
    Calc SUM:ff
    Read SUM:e6
    Loading default BIN file g400agp.bin...

Calculated Pin Sum c7
    E2Prom Pin Sum:5a

Pins have an invalid checksum..
    Or pointer is corrupt

Examining bios...
    Pins were damaged, Information salvaged:
    Unable to continue because of a bad PCB#
    PCB#: 224
    SUBSYSID: ff7a
    --------

Anybody know how to go about redoing the bios with another PINs file. I don't think I have a copy of mine around. I remember seeing a page someplace which had info on redoing the bios with a different pins file. Any links/files/assistance would be appreciated. Matrox Tech Support Forums are closed for the weekend.

BTW card model is: G4+MDHA32
    Vanilla G400 DH

Thanks
    Alan
    Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Check GBM's site...he has a lot of PINs and BIOS info...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for the link, just what I was looking for. Now if only I could find the floppy with my emergency bios dump. No PINs files on the site for the G400 series.

Comment

Is there the need to have a PINS archive on the MURC? If so no problem if people want to send them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
          Is there the need to have a PINS archive on the MURC? If so no problem if people want to send them in.
          I don't know, you tell me.
          Will there be a PINS in the new card?
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

still need pins

Yes, Ant, I like the idea of the PINs archive and I'll be happy to donate a g200 Marvel file, but as you can see my G400 file is not of much use. If someone could get me the PINs for my G400DH I would carefully change serial# to match my card before flashing it.

Comment

If you want, i can send you my G400MAX's PINS dump (revision 403). They are only little different in clock settings and memory timings compared to the PINS of the "plain" G400. However you can use the utility MXINFO avaiable in GBM site and resecue your partially damaged PINS! Then you can edit it with correct values. I see now the message Matrox recovery tool gived you and i think you have simply an invalid PINS checksum. The thing you have to do is only to correct checksum and reflash your PINS!!!
              Last edited by Venturer; 8 April 2002, 03:17.
              ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

As for the PINS archive: Ant; it's a very good idea!
                I would to see new PINS format of the G550!
                ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

OK folks if anyone wants to donate a PINS file upload it to this thread then I'll transfer them to a permanent page. Can someone write a brief outline of how people can obtain their PINS files?

Comment

How can i upload a file in the forum?

Comment

It doesn't work! I don't see the attachment!
                      HELP PLEASE!
                      Last edited by Venturer; 8 April 2002, 04:44.

Comment

Another try.....
                        I broswed to PINS.TXT located in my C:\ , but it don't upload the file!

Comment

Now i try with .zip extension.........
                          No way!

Comment

Hmm looks like something has gone a little screwy with the server I'll investigate...

Comment

OK the upload problem is fixed, seems to be a glitch that was introduced in the latest version of vB that we have just upgraded to.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X