Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems using DVDMax on G400(dualhead) in Windows XP

G400 (dualhead) and windows XP...

I´ve recently installed WinXP.... Now it seems that whenever i start a videofile (DVD, DivX etc.) with DVDMax enabled, the systems hangs and blanks the screen 2-3 times before starting and stopping playback - Furthermore the quality of the output on tv much worse than before installing XP - blurry and with shadows.

Im using the divX5 codec with the version 5.72 driver (also tried 5.82 and Using DivXG400 codec, with no change)

can anyone help me?

I've seen this behaviour or something like it on my XP machine with WMP8. Seems WMP8 for some unknown reason looks at each directshow filter 3 times before starting a playback. If I use any other player - Ion VCD player, ThePlaya etc they all start working straight away.
    @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

Hello Jonas

What player are you using now?

What TV Standart (PAL/NTSC) ?

Chen

Comment

My television is a PAL standard, and im using a composite to scart connection.

I am using both WMP8 (XP) and DivX5 Player 2.0 (The Playa) - both of them is acting funny, though The Playa only blanks the screen 1 or 2 times before playback.

Im using PowerDVD 4.0 for DVD playback - when playing DVD it doesnt blank the screen, but tv-out quality is still much worse than when I used Win2K.

Everything works fine when i turn of the DVDMax option of my G400....

Ain´t this peculiar?

Comment

Peculiar indeed!
          What about playing DivX with PowerDVD?
          Try it to see if the blanking stays.

also try posting your DVDMax settings.

Chen

Comment

well... been fiddling with different settings, i think i´ve been through all possible combinations...

These are the settings im currently using:
            PAL TV - TVaspect 4:3 - Detect based on video source size
            Scale only on page flip
            Output cable: Scart - composite (but tried all other alternatives without any change)

Another question... is there any new graphics cards out there with a good TVout (except addon cards like H+ and Xcard)? - I tried the ATI Radeon 7500, but it didnt beat my G400 when comparing TVout image (at least before I installed Windows XP)

Maybe I just can´t have it all...

Comment

Halleluja...

Just installed the Zoom Player... now Im back to nice and sharp G400 picture... and i guess i can live with the occasional blanking of the screen (only does it once now)...

Out goes PowerDVD...

Comment

well good for you

I'm happy you've sort it out.
                I don't use PowerDVD either.
                Ravisent CinePlayer DVD 4.0 suits me the best (That is also the engine behind Matrox DVD)

Chen

Comment

Funny enough PowerDVD worked for me (powerdvd4). ATi TV Wonder's fileplayer and TV application wouldn't show properly. What is WMP8 (except spyware and bloatware). MS have left wmp6.4 in XP. It is Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe, and loads up way faster than 8.
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
                  X