WYSIWYG HTML editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WYSIWYG HTML editor?

I'm looking for a WYSIWYG HTML editor....

Any good sugestions??
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I imagine you already have M$FT Word loaded.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yes, I know that it can produce something that might be called HTML on a good day!

I tested a couple of them WYSIWYG editor a year ago and the code they produced was usualy yickety ack....
      Most of them could mess up code just by loading a page and save it agin without making any changes....

I'm going to test Hotmetal pro as soon as i get it downloaded...
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

You can't beat dreamweaver, but give firstpage a try, it isn't completly WYSIWYG but it's a great free program.
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

The reason I abandoned the WYSIWYG editors thre years ago was that I tried to get a table correct and it just woulden't...

It worked on a new page but not in the one I was editing.....

Opened the file in notepad to check why it wouldnt work.....

Messy dont begin to describe it

Every damn letter had its own set of tags.....

It made me wonder why WYSIWYG editors don't have a option to "render" the code when you are finished and are about to save the file?

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
            You can't beat dreamweaver, but give firstpage a try, it isn't completly WYSIWYG but it's a great free program.
            Another vote for Firstpage. Cool little program!

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I try to stay away from WYSIWYG editors most of the time, mostly because they keep removing my PHP code. But... Mozilla Composer is decent.

Comment

used Dreamweaver 4 for my site, and it rocks (the prog, dunno about the site ). I've tried MS Frontpage (eh..but Image Composer is cool), MS Publisher (klunk) and Pagemill (klunk).
                ---e
                Iwill KK266-R
                Athlon Tbird 1GHz AYHJAR oc'd to 1.5 GHz
                128 megs Corsair PC133
                Windows 98 SE
                Matrox G400 MAX DH 32mb
                -----------------------------------

Comment

Dreamweaver is nice - it looks after your code better than most. It is expensive to pay for though.

I had a quick look at the Mozilla editor a while back (I assume that it has moved on since then), and it showed a lot of promise, but wasn't there yet.

But I have never found anything to replace good ol' hand-coding. If you are running the site off a database, then you can build a custom editing engine to suit without too much bother. If it is static, then in the end nothing acutally beats experience and time on the the HTML.

Good luck!

gnep
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Dreamweaver and Frontpage are ... ok.

Not great, just ok. They'll mangle some pages, and be fine for others. *shrug*

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

I use Adobe Golive 5 at work. Pretty good in term of site management.
                      SuRGV
                      MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
                      AMD Athlon 64 3200
                      1024 MB PC3200 RAM
                      WD 160 GB HDD
                      2 x 80 GB Maxtor HDDs in RAID 1
                      ATI 9500 64 Videocard
                      Pioneer 108 DVD-RW
                      Pioneer 117 DVD-ROM
                      Windows XP Professional SP2

Comment

Working...