• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT-2000 reviews

RT-2000 reviews

Here ya go....

DV Format: http://www.dvformat.com/htm/Articles...00_preview.htm

Also check rec.video.production for Paul Bailey's review on 1-10-2000.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Both reviews are very positive, especially Paul Bailey's. I also spotted a post over on rec.video.desktop today from a guy defending his DV500, saying something along the lines of 'it blows away my DVRaptor!'

Also, the response that Chris got from Pinnacle is truly heartwarming, in that they're willing to at least respond. What Pat Byrne had to say towards the end, about the way these things tend to go, was stuff that people need to hear before buying. With a fresh system using recommended components, people should have little trouble with either DV500 or RT2000, I should think. But I still say CAVEAT EMPTOR regarding both these products, since the unsuspecting buyer can all too easily just see the hype, and never have a chance to investigate any possible compatability issues, or snags that people who've been doing this stuff for a while would tend to watch for beforehand.

I'm particularly anxious to wait and see what happens to the missing Asus P2B-F and TRV900 from the RT2000 compatability list. THAT's what has truly got me railing about all of this for the past couple of weeks, since those are the items I carefully chose for the eventual purchase of the RT2000. I mean, how the heck could THOSE two items have ended up being a problem? Who could've POSSIBLY predicted that such mainstream 'good stuff' would end up being a problem? And even the Canon GL-1???? SHeesh!

Comment

Just check out the list of recomended components.
        The MoBo list is very sparce, and very few cameras are reported as being frame accurat past 30SECONDS!!!
        This seems to be a less than minor stubling block.
        I (as many others) have been waiting to get a RT2K since they were anounced; but these isues realy give me cause to pause. Hope they can work these thing out!

Mark F.

------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Comment

Mark,

I'm not sure that Matrox have gone about this the right way, although if they are still looking at the RT2000 as a low-volume card then I could understand it.

Matrox, like any other HW manufacturer can't possibly test every combination of motherboards, camcorders, etc, etc. But listing "recommended" equipment is a bit extreme. And don't fall into the trap that not "recommended" means "won't work".

As Jeff points out, Pat Byrnes comments are pretty robust and functional - and down to earth !

Comment

Up

Comment

Working...
            X