Technology Demo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technology Demo???

The landscape matrox GDC demo remember me the g400 technology demo.

Look at the Menu

Add/remove features.

Are the creator of the demo the same guys that develop the g400 demo???

well, Digital Illussions made the g400 techdemo(and did a great job IMO).
    they also made the game that was bundled with the g200 mystique(motorhead, i think).

i don´t know if they still work with matrox. my guess is that someone else will make the parhelia techdemo, but that is just a guess.

i think we will find the creator among those who has made g400 patches for their game though(it is a long list )

has matrox done any techdeoms themselves? or do they always hire a thirdpaty software company?

I don´t think we will see a gamebundle that takes great advantage of all the parhelia features. unlike the old embm, displacement mapping isn´t just a last minute change, if you want it used right, like for example a terrain engine that uses dmaps, and only works on a parhelia. of course you might be able to just replace ordinary bumbmaps with dmaps, i don´t know, but if that is the case we might see a optimized bundled game afterall. games that only ran on a specific vga is (thank goodness) a dying trend from the voodoo-age. my guess is that the bundled game might just be a normal dx8.1 game.

BTW wasn´t Digital Illussions famous for their pinball-games for the amiga a long time ago??
    Last edited by TdB; 3 April 2002, 13:00.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
      BTW wasn´t Digital Illussions famous for their pinball-games for the amiga a long time ago??
      Yep!!

They were!

In the good old time when Code optimizing was an art! (nowdays its "Well it manages 5fps on a P3 500 so there is no need to optimize" )
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

i think the lithtech engine may reveal something, won't that do displacement maps or something???

i seem to remember a game called new world order popping up somewhere aswell
        Dell Inspiron 8200
        Pentium4m 1.6
        640mb pc2100
        64mb gf440go
        15" uxga ultrasharp
        40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

A 'new world order' website is online

They mention 'deformable geometry' , which sounds like a feature that could be implemented using DM.
          The screenshots look promising IMHO.

Hati

Comment

Working...
          X