Win2K Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K Question

Do I need to install the Via 4 in 1 drivers if I have SP2 installed? I have a AMD 760 Northbridge/Via 686B Southbridge combo...know already not to install the VIA AGP drivers

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

if you have an AMD Northbridge I would definitely not install the 4in1.

either stick with SP2 stuff, or just install the separate 686B stuff
    IDE, sound,usb(if your using it) IF YOU HAVE TO

I don't have a hybrid mobo myself, but of heard enough bad stories to recomend DEFINTELY not installing the 4in1 for your mobo.

hopefully someone else will know which components you SHOULD install if any

edit: probably a good idea to stick with the drivers provided by abit for the KG7, abit usually keep there driver up to date.
    Last edited by Marshmallowman; 2 April 2002, 19:31.

Comment

Unless you're having problems and nothing else works keep clear of Via's crappy 4:1's. They're more trouble than they're worth.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well the only problem I'm having now is that when I boot up into Windows the starting Chime starts to break up and this didnt happen in XP. I have a SB Audigy with the lastest drivers. I'm guessing it could be the debug code in DX8, but I have DX8.1...wasn't that fixed in DX8.1?

Thanks

Scott

Comment

turn the chime off then in your options...then no problem!

With the Audigy, there is a checkbox buried somewhere in the EAX control panel (I think) to turn their splash screen off.

gnep
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Well I had to turn it off and I'm sure I'm using dx 8.1. If still no dice try Georges patches they might do the trick. If the sound breaking up during startup it's likely to do when the system is stressed.
            Can't remember if georges patches work with hybrids I don't think they do.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

How do you go about shutting off the debug mode in DX8? I dont have that annyoning gong that Creative has with its Audigly...its the windows startup tune or something LOL

Scott

Comment

Here is it!

Controllpanel aplet that lets you adjust about anything with DX....
                Attached Files
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                X