Best Win32 FTP client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Win32 FTP client?

I need a good FREE Win32 FTP client that supports socks5. Any recommendations? I have a copy of CuteFTP 4.2.5, but it keeps crashing. What do you guys use?
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

I use Ws_ftpLE, free for home/school use. Works great for me....Not sure if it has the socks support you need.

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Nope, it doesn't. That's the one I used to use at home... pity.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Best two hands down are Bulletproof FTP and CuteFTP Pro.

Comment

I still like leechFTP
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

LeechFTP is still the best free FTP program around. If ther was a light version of BitBeamer, it would be the best, but BitBeamer costs the cash.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I use both WS_FTP and the FTP mode of Windows Commander. They work fine for me, even through my firewall.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

LeechFTP is my favourite too, but alas, no socks support. I'll give bulletproof a try...

Comment

The problem with LeechFTP is that it has some SERIOUS memory leakage bugs. Otherwise I'd still be using it.

I actually ponied up for BitBeamer. I admit that $30 is a bit steep for shareware, but it's the only FTP software you'll ever need. It's THAT good.

Nobody else allows for the kind of multithreading and CONTROL that BitBeamer does. (Except LeechFTP, hehe, of course...)

The only feature it's missing is multi-threaded downloads of the same file, but then again GetRight does that just fine.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Another FTP client I like a _lot_ (though not freeware) is FLashFXP, though the only things wrong with it are that local ftp upload speeds are limited to about 1-2MBps because of poor bufferering (the program is mainly for FXP use, not client to ftp), and no multi-threaded downloads (for the same reason). Since I never use multithreaded downloads, it's not really an issue for me.

Comment

But y'know, sometimes... you happen to be leeching from like 4 different servers at once... and 2 of them are private servers, so you can't log in more than once, and you really need multithreaded queue control...

*ahem*

Nevermind.

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                      X