Help with 352x576 Huffyuv in VS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 352x576 Huffyuv in VS

I am pretty much a beginner, and have just captured my first clip from VHS tape using G450eTV and VirualDub.

I wanted the best quality my PC could manage so that I could archive it, so I chose to use the Huffyuv codec. As the source is VHS tape I chose to use "half-PAL" 352x576.

I now need to edit some of the frames because the video tape contains several "crash" edits (which cause a brief flash at each cut), and replace some of the audio track.

I need to use Video Studio 4 SE that was bundled with the G450eTV to perform the editing. But VS does not seem to have a corresponding template. There are numerous MPEG templates which I presume will force the video to be converted to MPEG when the finished edited video is output - this isn't what I want. I want the edited output to remain as a huffyuv file, but there is no template based on 352x576 and no mention of huffyuv in the template list.

How do I get VS to output the edited video in the same 352x576 huffyuv format?

I did try selecting an MPEG template for the new project and then importing my huffyuv AVI and it was possible to examine the footage in VS's preview window, so VS is clearly able to use the huffyuv codec. But why can't I get it to use the same codec to export the edited file in the same format?

Do I somehow have to creat a new 352x576 huffyuv template?

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Colin
Working...
X