This is the saddest day of my life.....*sniff*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the saddest day of my life.....*sniff*

Let it be known that on this day, April 1, 2002, the trusty G400 owned by Electric Amish has passed into the night.... With it's last breath it uttered these words, "BEEEEEP Beep Beep Beep."

It's owner, Mr. Amish was heard to say," You were such a good card. *sniff* You always gave me everything you had whenever I asked it of you and you never complained. From fragging in UT to cramming to get that Visual C++ assignment done, you were always there for me. I'll miss you and think of you often. *sniff*"

When interviewed, Mr. Amish had this to say,"I believe it was called back by it's maker. It's spirit will soon­™ be born again in a new body. Strong and fast. It will be called Parhelia."

amish

The Matrox Tech Support Gods resurrectec my baby!!!
    Last edited by Electric Amish; 2 April 2002, 16:47.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Maybe it will rise again!
    As long as it seems like it's been, I don't think any G400s have gone out of warranty have they?
    Chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Reincarnation (RMA)
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

It shouldn't be any problem to RMA it, unless there has been obvious mods made to the hardware.
        Just go through Matrox's registration and forums, follow their instructions, and they'll get you an RMA...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Although it'd probably only take a BIOS recovery to fix it

Comment

Steve hit it on the head. Shawn on the Matrox forums directed me to the BIOS recovery program. I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home. I hope it works.

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

With it's last breath it uttered these words, "BEEEEEP Beep Beep Beep."
              HAHA! I think this should go on the MURC quotes page. who keeps track of that? ALPBM?

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
              X