Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another dead IBM hard drive to add to the list....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dead IBM hard drive to add to the list....

Well I got the infamous clicking IBM Hard drive last night and its so screwed up that the DFT tools can't even finish testing it. I placed an order though newegg.com for 2 Western Digital HDs to replace my IBM setup that I have now. I know alot of people bitch about how bad WD is (and I have experance with that) but at least they over overnight cross replacement for there hard drives. The other thing is since the new year I've done 4-5 installs (one self inflicted) of XP and now I'm going back to Windows 2000..which once I got it install back in September (when I got my new system) i didnt touch again till I got XP and my New Radeon 8500 in December. I guess I'll put XP in when I get the New Matrox card and maybe they'll have a SP out or something .

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I believe Maxtor will also cross-ship on warranty replacements.

As for dumping XP....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I think the XP service pack will be XP SE.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Sigh, I had to reinstall Win2000 a couple of days ago

IE was crashing, Netmeeting refused to load. But it wasn't crashing totally, so i guess that is one thing to be happy about.

So don't assume 2000 is immune to falling, because you can still muck it up. (It just seems it is less troublesome than 98 or XP)

PS. If you have an SBlive, you should use the XP liveware driver set from compaq. Download from:

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp1...00/SP19612.exe

It is 340 meg though, so be prepared for a long wait downloading them. It is worth it though, these drivers appear to be much better than the older liveware 3 driver sets (no programs auto-run from startup, no annoying internet autoupdater)
        80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

You can screw Win2k when you try hard but WinXp just likes to screw itself. After the steps forward by win2k winxp seems a step back again.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

A IBM gxp60 crap out that my covorker had crapped out....

I found out that he had managed to plug the "breather hole" switched to another Drive and made shure that this ones breather hole was NOT obstructed....

Wonder how many IBM's that have crapped out due to lack of "oxygene"?
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

340 MEGS FOR A LOUSY SOUND CARD DRIVER PACK ???!!!

Cripes....my RT-2000's driver pack with over 1700 effects is only 240 megs! Talk about code bloat.....

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 April 2002, 12:47.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

What were you expecting from Compaq??
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

He he, the driver package for my Terratec 6Fire 24/96 is a whopping 1.6 MB
                  Add an additional ~3MB if you want to use Terratecs colorful mixer (and you are not forced to install this if you don't want it)
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

HAHA

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    340 MEGS FOR A LOUSY SOUND CARD DRIVER PACK ???!!!

Cripes....my RT-2000's driver pack with over 1700 effects is only 240 megs! Talk about code bloat.....

Dr. Mordrid
                    ROFL

Well, they do contain liveware 3, in 6 languages, which you could strip down to about 100 by removing all the other languages.

And they are from compaq too :-)

3d SoundSurge also offer a parametric equalizer patch for these drivers for though unafraid of trying something new from:

And the best thing is, it isn't 340Meg (100 k to be exact)
                    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Working...
                    X