Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Savage4 in WinXP: Multimonitor HW-accelerated OpenGL is supported!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage4 in WinXP: Multimonitor HW-accelerated OpenGL is supported!

As some of you know, I recently stumbled onto a fix for a computer bugaboo that I hadn't been able to overcome for a long time.

Here is an update:

Bad news first:

Video playback while using Transparencies with Trillian in XP on one monitor = HARDLOCK. Dunno if it is Trillian or the drivers. I suspect it is Trillian, because it does not occur with the transparent OfficeXP toolbar thingie at the top of the screen.

Major Good News:

Multiple Monitor Hardware accelerated OpenGL support is available and implemented: Screen Savers and Games that use OpenGL are running as they should. Sadly, there are not too many OpenGL Screen Savers that exploit Multiple Monitors.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Re: Savage4 in WinXP: Multimonitor HW-accelerated OpenGL is supported!

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
    As some of you know, I recently stumbled onto a fix for a computer bugaboo that I hadn't been able to overcome for a long time.

Here is an update:

Bad news first:

Video playback while using Transparencies with Trillian in XP on one monitor = HARDLOCK. Dunno if it is Trillian or the drivers. I suspect it is Trillian, because it does not occur with the transparent OfficeXP toolbar thingie at the top of the screen.

Major Good News:

Multiple Monitor Hardware accelerated OpenGL support is available and implemented: Screen Savers and Games that use OpenGL are running as they should. Sadly, there are not too many OpenGL Screen Savers that exploit Multiple Monitors.
    This is something new? Matrox has supported this with their G4xx and G5x series for some time now...

Rags

Comment

Yes, but for two discrete cards, it is somewhat rare...
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
      X