No announcement yet.

Exporting from Premiere DV codec probs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting from Premiere DV codec probs!

I am using a pyro card and win98. Now I know DV format has to be changed from 1 to 2. I am using the DV soft codec. Now I can get the file into premiere, no problem. Now when I go to export using the same codec(and settings) I get these errors:
    1. Codec compression error. This codec may be unable to support the requested fram size, or there may be a hardware or memory problem.
    2. An error occured. Error writing file(disk full?)
    I have gone through many pyro forums and have not seen anyone having a problem exporting.
    Could it be- My Rainbow Runner(not currently in my machine, but still installed)
    Or do I need WIN98 SE installed. I can fully capture and controll my JVC through VideoStudio 4 no problems, import export whatever using win98 so I assumed I was fine.
    Any help or advice would be greatly welcomed.

------------------
    Damnit Jim I'm a film maker, not a systems tech!

kenobi,

When (during the process) do you get the "disk full" message ?

Have you tried exporting to another disk (with an other interface) ?

Comment

"Now when I go to export using the same codec(and settings) I get these errors: " followed by error 1 then error 2. It has nothing to do with the disk, that is just a standard error message when your codec is not working( saw it a hundred times befor I learned how to make asf's)

------------------

Comment

OK I found the problem. And for all of you Pyro and premiere users here it is. When you go to export your movie from premiere, using the dv soft codec, your settings have to match your imported dv file. Which is 704*480 but this does not work (my problem)the 704 should be 720. Why I don't know. But it works.
        Some links if you need them: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...4/anglais1.htm http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...pitre3_ang.htm

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X