46 HS Roundup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46 HS Roundup!

Over the last few months I have reviewed a lot of new HSF’s, and we have seen a lot of great performers, so I believe it’s time to publish another HSF roundup. This roundup will contain all the latest Heatsink and Fan (HSF) combos reviewed over the last few months plus many more. The round up will include a lot of well known brand names such as GlobalWIN, Thermaltake, Thermosonic and a few others that aren’t so well known, such as Bitspower, GlacialTech and Spire. This roundup isn’t being published just to find which cooler offers the best performance, more like which offers the best value and more importantly which cooler is the most practical. Much has happened on the HSF scene since Alpha’s early range or coolers or Thermaltake’s popular Orb coolers. Today very odd and unique designs have been adopted to either help coolers perform better, or as a marketing scheme. Various materials are now being used, gone are the days where aluminium was the way. Now the choices range from copper to silver and anything in between. Fans are another element that have changed for the better, some louder and others quieter. Some big, some small and there is a good chance most of them are in this round up.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

I have an Alpha PEP66 I got one year ago. It was one of the best coolers you could get back then. Now it's nothing compared to some of the new coolers.

And they didn't even include the Alpha PAL8045 and the Swiftech MCX462 in the test.

Oh well maybe it's time for a new HSF.

Comment

I don't see ambient temps being reported... some HS mentioned weren't listed in the "Toast" table... several well known high proformance HS weren't reviewed... I'm dissapointed
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

http://dansdata.com is very interesting. Dan has a huge comparison that he keeps adding on to. There is some nice information, the only problem I have is how the site is organized.

Comment

Working...
        X