• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't we just be friends?

Afghanistan's Last Two Jews Feuding

By Steven Gutkin
    Associated Press Writer
    Thursday, March 28, 2002; 1:41 AM

KABUL, Afghanistan –– From living quarters at separate ends of the same Kabul synagogue, Afghanistan's last two Jews are still feuding and still searching for their most sacred treasure – a Torah confiscated by the now oussted Taliban.

The two men glare at each other when they pass in the decaying synagogue's concrete courtyard. They planned to celebrate Passover as they do every other Jewish holiday – alone.

rest at here:

...doesn't show much hope for the middle east

regards

Dancray,

Taking 2 crazed old men (who stayed alone after everyone has left) and generalising them over the whole jewish people is pure racism.

You have the honor of being the first racist on my newly started 'ignore list'.

Comment

Oh Dogbert, don't be so hard on him...

He's merely reposting something that the news reels seem to have deemed worthy of posting. THEY might be racists, but we knew that already.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Sorry Dogbert but I cant see any sign of racism in Dancray's post. Could you please enlighten me and point out the offending passage because I've looked several times and I still cant see it.

Regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

...doesn't show much hope for the middle east
          Let's see, two crazed jews in Afganistan make a good example of the jews in Israel. If that's not racism...

It's especially "fun" reading it right after of what happend here last night and with Arafat asking Israel hor a cease fire (just like after the Dolfinarium bombing) and we just had a new incident with a terrorist fortifying himself inside a house and killing the residenst.
          It started around 19:30 (GMT -2) and it's still going on

Comment

Looks like someone wasn't listening when I said enough is enough.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
            X