ebay help.. please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay help.. please

ok i put the last k-scope i made on ebay a few days and its not selling .. any pointers on how i can revise it to get bids? i'm new to the whole ebay thing. i think i might have put up the wrong k-scope too, this last one was unusual to the ones i make normally.

and i've already took the price down to $40 when they sell for $80..

Attached Files
    www.lizziemorrison.com

I don't know diddly about k-scope, but I would under NO circumstances pay 40$ for ANY k-scope !!
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek
      I don't know diddly about k-scope, but I would under NO circumstances pay 40$ for ANY k-scope !!
      Thats just because you have no sense of art....

Great K-scope Lizzie
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hey Lizzard

nice work, I can't wait to see your website to check out more!

Haven't used ebay yet, but maybe a close-up shot along with the one you've got, to give people more of an idea just how much detail you've got going on in there.

If your market is art collectors, perhaps a note on any archival processing you've done on it would help, as that can be a concern with color prints.

Also for the collector's market: raise the opening bid! That's the one consistent non-aesthetic critique I've gotten from the few shows I've had of my photography--that people looking for Art are usually looking to spend more money, and often won't look at things priced @ materials+labor.

(hope your headache's gone )

---e
        Iwill KK266-R
        Athlon Tbird 1GHz AYHJAR oc'd to 1.5 GHz
        128 megs Corsair PC133
        Windows 98 SE
        Matrox G400 MAX DH 32mb
        -----------------------------------

Comment

here's how they usually look
          Attached Files
          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

ditto
            Attached Files
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Attached Files
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

..so maybe the 1st one i put up dhould have been up a diff picture i've taken... that was the first k-scope i did of a sign..usually the pics i take doesnt have any words in them that i use
                Attached Files
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I like the 6 sided blueish purpleish one. (the 5th reply)

What are they made of? I've never seen art like this before. It's actually pretty cool!
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Just pictures i've taken.. i get the negatives and reprint the pics and then reprint the prints with the negative flipped.. then measure out the degrees at whatever angle i want to make it into a kaleidoscope.

and thanks a lot. i think they're pretty cool myself.

i'm goin to take the advice and revise the ebay listing when i get back
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

wow

too cool, L
                      I'd say the one you chose to start with is as good as any, even if it's not typical of your work so far. $40 definitely too low an opening bid. You need some good close-up shots to go with (notice some folks don't know that these are made out of photographs)--if you don't have a macro lens, a couple of lights, & a tripod to do it yourself, try a local college art dept. or student newspaper to find a photographer (that's partly how I paid for college, taking slides of art students' portfolios for grad school applications--you should be able to find someone doing it for $6 or $7 per shot.)

---e
                      Iwill KK266-R
                      128 megs Corsair PC133
                      Windows 98 SE
                      Matrox G400 MAX DH 32mb

Comment

I'm one for technical art, and these k-scopes are definitely technical.

PXR5: I'm gonna have to agree with this guy, close ups are definitely good especially on ebay. You can probably get a lot more people interested with a nice close-up. Personally, I think it makes it easier to buy when you have one.
                        Last edited by ZokesPro; 28 March 2002, 13:06.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Beautiful artwork, Liz.

Don't know what Kosh's issues are, but those are very nice, and definitely worth what you are charging for them. Artwork can be a tough sell on eBay though.. people have to really see what they are getting with art, and most pieces touch some people, but not others. Hope you have some luck with these.. surely you could post bigger images, couldn't you? I remember seing a Leica camera on eBay with a HUGE, stunning, crystal clear pic of it. That's what you need (though some wise guy like me would probably download the thing, print it and frame it!)

Comment

oh hey, good morning

--another idea for close-ups: use a copy stand--you can often find these in libraries' media centers, esp. college libraries, or if your city has a crafts center,...rental darkroom facilities should have one available to rent as well
                            cheers
                            ---e
                            Iwill KK266-R
                            128 megs Corsair PC133
                            Windows 98 SE
                            Matrox G400 MAX DH 32mb

Comment

Thats pretty neat stuff there Lizzie, defenately original.

And I agree, big, clear, well lit, in focus pics of em would do wonders.

also add things like "Limited Edition" "Each one unique" "Seen no where else in the world" "First time offered" etc
                              AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X