Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting Sigs...hints?

From Sasq:

MaxQ, bringer of a billion colours...hmm 40-bit color in the Parhelia?

From Ant:

Parhelia, 512 bits of GPU goodness.....512 bit Memory in the Parhelia?

Hmmm interesting.....

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Meh

Billions of colours is 32bit - 2^32 = 4096million = 4 american billion.

Wasn't the bitboys embedded memory processor supposed to have a 512bit interface to the on-board memory? Is is possible Matrox have *independantly* developed a similar technology using a large amount of on-board memory?

Personally I think the people with suggestive sigs are winding us up - if they actually knew anything for certain chances are they would be under NDA, and so wouldn't be allowed to even hint.

They just know a friend of a friend who works for Matrox like the rest of us...

LEM

Comment

Re: interesting Sigs...hints?

Originally posted by GT98
      From Ant:

Parhelia, 512 bits of GPU goodness.....512 bit Memory in the Parhelia?

Hmmm interesting.....

Scott
      Or maybe the card is in 512 bits and pieces! Nevermind.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Re: Meh

Or they have leaked spec sheets

Originally posted by Lemmin

Personally I think the people with suggestive sigs are winding us up - if they actually knew anything for certain chances are they would be under NDA, and so wouldn't be allowed to even hint.

LEM

Comment

Evil, Evil Ant! It's bad enough knowing that you know more than all the rest of us. Then you have to go and tell us that you're gazing and drooling at a leaked spec sheet. Do you have a dungeon in your basement?
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, My name is not Bryce and I'm not a man...

Comment

512bit DualBus?

G200 has got 128bit DualBus, G400 has got 256bit DualBus, Parhelia will have...

Comment

Hi!
              I hope the new card has a DVI Output, because if have a little luck I get a nice 15" TFT from EIZO next week.
              cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
              ---
              Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
              JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
              Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Stop it Ant, Your post just made me drool soo much that I short-circuited my keyboard

At least, you could post these specs under another nameā€¦
                What was necessary was done yesterday;
                We're currently working on the impossible;
                For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                (Server)
                - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

yeah!
                  why do you think they call it "LEAKED spec sheet"?

youre supposed to leak them.
                  This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Hey guys, maybe I'm wrong, but Parhelias are untangible reflections of the sun light on atmospheric ice crystal and vapor; does that means that Matrox' next product will be so fast and shiny that it will create such a halo on the screen and in you case (actually, that would be neat: free light mods for everyone ), or does it means that this product is vaporware ? Sorry about this post, just passing time on a depressing day at work

(Workstation)
                    (Server)
                    - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB

Comment

In recent years Matrox have had some pretty major leaks and it seems these continue. I'm sure they know where they come from as it must be obvious that they start to appear when they have just disemminated that informatiuon in certain directions. Items of information do get sent to me but I would never publish them nor pass them on, but these items are now in the public domain and are circulating so you may come across them elsewhere and I'm sure it won't be long before some website gets hold of them and publishes them in full but it won't be the MURC. That doesn't mean I won't tease you all from time to time with little tidbits though, keep looking out for them and you should be starting to build up a picture

Originally posted by TDB
                      yeah!
                      why do you think they call it "LEAKED spec sheet"?

youre supposed to leak them.

Comment

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                          In recent years Matrox have had some pretty major leaks and it seems these continue. I'm sure they know where they come from as it must be obvious that they start to appear when they have just disemminated that informatiuon in certain directions. Items of information do get sent to me but I would never publish them nor pass them on, but these items are now in the public domain and are circulating so you may come across them elsewhere and I'm sure it won't be long before some website gets hold of them and publishes them in full but it won't be the MURC. That doesn't mean I won't tease you all from time to time with little tidbits though, keep looking out for them and you should be starting to build up a picture
                          didnĀ“t you say in an earlier post, that the leak was the european offices, how much time in advance, do they usually get info about new products???
                          if their is already leaked specs out there, then we could hope for an announcement in april.
                          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Re: Meh

Originally posted by Lemmin
                            Billions of colours is 32bit - 2^32 = 4096million = 4 american billion.
                            Sorry if I'm wrong, but as I have understood it, 32-bit colour as used today is most often in fact 24 bit colour (8 bits for each RGB component) + 8 bits for the alpha?

So if you want "real" non-transparent colours, even 32-bit modes have just 2^24 = 16 777 216 colours?

But if Parhelia used 40-bit colour which would be say, 10 bits for each RGB value and 10 bits for the alpha, even non-transparent colours would total 1 073 741 824 which is just over one US billion?

Comment

Dark gray isn't the same color as light gray, so 32-bits colors really is 4 billions colors to me; using alpha information does create a different color. Take an apple and at look at it; then, go outside and look at that same apple in the sunlight; it's color ain't the same is it?... Anyway, how could it be better than 32-bits colors? IMO, it already produces reality-like picture quality. Can anyone of you guys can see pixelisation in 32-bits colors that is caused by color inaccuraties? Not me... It's like using a Ferrari in the city: pretty useless You think you colors could be more vivid? Stop using a nVidia card and buy yourself a better monitor
                              Last edited by frankymail; 31 March 2002, 11:32.

(Workstation)
                              (Server)
                              - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB

Comment

Working...
                              X