Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So long, Uncle Milty and Dudley Moore

We lost two great entertainers today.
    Milton Berle, one of the original TV stars and one of the last great vaudeville stars, passed away at 93.
    Dudley Moore, comedian/actor/pianist, gone at 66.
    I grew up lauging with both of these gents.
    They shall be missed.

And they say celeb deaths come in threes...so expect another in the next few days...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Yeah just the other night I was watching an old Goldie Hawn/Chevy Chase movie "Foul Play" where Dudley Moore had a small but very funny part.

Remember "It's A Wild, Wild, Wild, Wild, Wild, World."? Old Milty was in that one.

Joel
    Last edited by Joel; 27 March 2002, 18:46.
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

...bows head

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

remember Spike Milligan too, passed away last month....

redred
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I won't miss Dudley, but Unca Milty was a funny MOFO.

amish
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Let's not forget Billy Wilder

Oscar-winning filmmaker Billy Wilder has died of pneumonia aged 95.
            The Austrian-born director of Sunset Boulevard, Some Like it Hot and Double Indemnity died at his home in Beverly Hills. He passed away peacefully at 2300 local time on Wednesday (0700 GMT Thursday), according to producer and long-time friend George Schlatter.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Not of the stature of these guys, but country singer Lyle Lovett *almost* bought the farm this week too.

Seems he was at his uncles ranch and had to rescue said uncle from a bull who went on a rampage. In the process he was severely trampled, suffering massive injuries to one leg as well as less severe injuries elsewhere.
              Recovering after a long surgery.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X