Hurrah looks like Mcafee is going to get it's marching orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurrah looks like Mcafee is going to get it's marching orders

This should reduce calls to our helpdesk. We've been using Version 4.5.1 on our Pc's on the network and of course it's been bogging things up. The only problems I've seen are slow launching of apps and the longer start time when windoze starts which is normally shown by the lack of response of the mouse.
    Any apparently other people have been having other problems so I anti virus man has got us testing Sophos antivirus. What a differance it seems like my processor a 100mhz faster on my work machines. He's also going to get us to trail norton antivirus.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

That's the dream of my life here at work!
    Though I would prefer Norton.
    Anything but Mcafee!
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Unfortunatly the low price of McaShit seems ti make people (especialy the bean counter types) think that it must be the best AV progg there is
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Kaspersky Antivirus (AVP)
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
          Kaspersky Antivirus (AVP)
          Sorry to disappoint you BUT Kaspersky was one of the antivirus programs which detected the LEAST number of viruses in a recent test done by virus112.dk (virus999 in ths UK).
          (Of course this is just one test .. but still)

Kaspersky failed to detect 4% of the viruses
          BUT Panda failed to detect 6% of the viruses !!!!!!!

They compared the most popular AV programs to each other!

The things they tested were :

Scanning speed
          Actual virus's detected
          user interface
          options
          price
          documentation

etc. etc.
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Symantec AV Corporate Edition, fully setup with a central server for updates and central quarantine area - Had this setup for a year now at work and my administration work on the system is next to nothing, it does everything for ya!
            It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
            Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Hmm... I never noticed any problems with Mcafee. I run it here at work on our lab systems.

I tried Norton once at home and all it did was hose my entire setup. I had to reinstall to get rid of the sucker.

I'm currently running AVG at home. That is a pretty swell little app for being free.

amish
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Well put it this way it's the biggest cause of calls to our helpdesk barring network servers going down. It's trashed machines stopped machines from booting made machines run very slowly.
                Basically it belongs in the recycle bin.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ah McAfee - we use 4.5 here at work too, but I have to turn it off on our servers or our applications and websites stop working

Comment

I wonder if the Mcafee programmers write Via drivers in there spare time???
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                    X