Nvidia G450 & Nvidia G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia G450 & Nvidia G400

I was at a surplus store yesterday and I came across all of their OEM video cards. Half of the Matrox card were, in fact, labelled "Nvidia G400 & G450" LOL! That is an insult if I've ever heard one! I double checked and they were definitely Matrox cards. Thought I'd share this info.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Sigh

I'm still searching for a ATI G550, maybe they have one
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I've just bought the latest Trident VooDoo II with a Cirrus Logic G200 !!!

Comment

wasn´t there a gigabyte g400 card, that only worked on a gigabyte motherboard, some time ago?
        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I find it annoying when you go into a store and they have labled cards in strange ways adding capitals and so forth. Like geFORCE or GeForce or even GFORCE. Ugh. Oh and then there are the memory confusions. I once saw a card GeForce with 64Mhz of Memory!.... Think someone got that wrong somehwere
          Posted by Robert

CPU| Athlon XP 2200+ MEMORY| 512MB (DDR400) STORAGE| 82GB IBM UDMA100 DISPLAY| ATI Radeon AIW 9700pro OS| Windows Server 2003 (Standard Edition)

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
            wasn´t there a gigabyte g400 card, that only worked on a gigabyte motherboard, some time ago?
            Yes, it was basically an AGP card that didn't have a BIOS. It relied on a copy of the video bios to be in with the main motherboard bios (like the raid controller bios on most motherboards) to allow it to be used.

I wonder if you could any motherboard bios's and make it work with that...
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Perhaps M has a lawsuit there.. though their lawyers didn't have much success the last time nVidia mugged them.

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                I wonder if you could any motherboard bios's and make it work with that...
                Yes, you can add almost any VGA BIOS to any motherboards BIOS. For Award BIOSes the program is called CBROM, there's also one for AMI BIOSes, but I don't remember its name right now...
                main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Yeah, thats what i figured... you would have to pull the vga bios out of one of gigabytes bios's in order to get it tho... not an issue, as cbrom will do that too....
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I hope that retailer doesnt know something we dont, No it couldn't be that, please dont be that.

Matrox=Nvidia

maybe thats why that law suit ended

Comment

haha. Nope.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hey Ant we could sell some MURC mops... me think there's going to be whole lot of accidents Soon™

But just how do you get rid of that rotting corpse aroma?

hehe
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X