Any beleivers still?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any beleivers still?

Will there be a new Matrox offering on the shelves to compete with the best from Ati/nVidia this side of the next new years eve?

Time seems to be running short.

rubank

I am starting to lose faith... I though there would be at least some news from the Matrox presentations at GDC but we haven´t heard anything at all.
    a Rebel at heart

Comment

GDC is not a conference that is used typically to announce or launch new products as it is specifcally targetted as a game developers conference not a "show". Matrox typically do not wait on shows to announce new products, they will use a show to preview upcoming hardware. Prime candidate is E3 by my reckoning to show of any new hardware that may be announced just before.

Comment

Yes there will be.

amish
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Will there be a new Matrox offering on the shelves to compete with the best from Ati/nVidia this side of the next new years eve?
          YES!!!
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Well El Am and TDB.

that settles it then (?)

I will of course hold you personally accountable for any unforseen delay

rubank

Comment

i am although i am worried that we might see the same situation we had with the g400max, where matrox could not get them out fast enough
              Dell Inspiron 8200
              Pentium4m 1.6
              640mb pc2100
              64mb gf440go
              15" uxga ultrasharp
              40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

I find it very strange that a M$ presentation should show Matrox hardware in action if Matrox themselves does not show the same stuff. I mean if Matrox is holding a talk on displacement mapping, why not show something that has already been shown (according to that scottish lad...)? Beats me...
                a Rebel at heart

Comment

'Nuff said!

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

So,

they have the hardware, they can massproduce it, distribute and sell it at a competitive price,

they just don´t want to.

Sure

rubank

Comment

No, it means they have working hardware. It's just not thouroughly tested, optimized or debugged.

Soon™

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by mabraham
                        I find it very strange that a M$ presentation should show Matrox hardware in action if Matrox themselves does not show the same stuff. I mean if Matrox is holding a talk on displacement mapping, why not show something that has already been shown (according to that scottish lad...)? Beats me...
                        Cos Matrox are evil bastards and like watching us suffer as we fantasize about what it all means..
                        We seldom attribute common sense except to those who agree with us.

Comment

Hmmm..
                          let´s see now:

was it last year?
                          Or was it the year before that...

Hmmm...

Comment

I think they showed at the M$ presentation because it could do the new directx stuff,(dx9)
                            Hardware with working drivers, a nice incentive for developers to develop using the new technology, becuse they have seen it working and know it exists and is not vaporware.

Will there be dx9,dx9 game bundle with the parhelia release?
                            (or even a dx9 game)

Comment

I bet I'll have one before the end of August of 2002

Scott
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                              X