Jamo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamo?

anyone heard of/have these? I am specifically talking about the E410's. Med sized bookshelf units, as a replacement for my no-name aging front speakers being driven by a Kenwood Digital unit and a nice JVC 5disk DVD.

Any ideas/thoughts on this??

thanx
    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Ahh you mean...
    Jamo E410's

Nope
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

yea them, any good?

Comment

Muad'Dib has Jamo's on his rig and loves them. You may to PM him and ask him yourself.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

thanx Jammrock, wil do

Comment

What I like:

Mirror image design
            decient upper midrange coverage
            Honest low end responce (60hz)
            should have decient upper bass and vocals... very clear mids and highs if listened to directly on axis

also like the midrange crossover point as this prevents phase shift being intoduced into the reproduction by a passive crossover throughout the entire midbass though upper vocals. Above 4khz it's mostly harmonics.

What I don't like:

Midrange is crossed over with only a 1 octave range (4khz-9khz) & begin to polar out above 4khz
            This tweeter type will have an extremely polar dispersion pattern above 8khz due to it's size (wavelength) and shape altho they are known for low distortion

Highly question the need for a three way for it's size
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

ok, so can you dumb that down a bit? I dont understand some of that

will it sound good with my setup? Should I get another speaker instead? I am also looking at some JBL's in a similar price range.

Comment

Working...
              X