screen shakes + noise + slow moving bands in duelhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen shakes + noise + slow moving bands in duelhead

i was wondering what could be causing screen shakes on my g400max running in duelhead mode.

Im running a sony 17inch as the primary display (where the screen shakes occur when the diamond is turned on in windows)

and a diamond 15inch (which recently has been immiting a very high pitched whine, which is unbearable at times) as my secondary display.

1) Does anyone know what this high pitched whine could be coming from the diamond monitor?

2) Are the shakes on the sony, a result from the high pitched whine from the diamond through the g400max, and if so is there any way to fix it?

3) as a side question, since i have been running the g400 from 1999 with the sony and diamond, there has always been some slow moving horizontal transparent bands of dark, moving slowly up the screen on the sony and diamond (in duelhead), as though the screen refresh wasnt high enough. anyone know of this anomoly ? i didnt take note as i thought it didnt warrent attention, but now i am thinking it could be an indicator of something wrong.

thank's for reading

-AD

note:
    the shakes dont happen when the diamond is off and duelhead is disabled. Ive checked the leads as well.

i run the:
    sony at 85hz 1024x768
    diamond at 800x600 85hz

system:

win98se
    latest drivers
    latest bios
    pIII 500
    Aopen ax6bc (440bx) gold MB
    netgear network card
    mx300 sound card
    burner + dvd
    256 133hz sdram
    www.cornidesign.com

Try changing the refresh rate of one of the monitors, so they are not both 85Hz.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

thanks, i tried that, it stopped the whine for about 5 seconds then it started again,
      www.cornidesign.com

Comment

The high pitched whine is due to the diamond monitor beginning to fail. This is not related to the noise bar seen on the Sony tho... it's caused by poor shielding/flitering by itself and or the diamond monitor.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

oh this is not good, thanks for the info greebe, any chance that it is a repairable fault ? (in the diamond) ?

things only 2 years old

AD
          www.cornidesign.com

Comment

Well yeah it could be repaired... problem is the cost of such is normally prohibitive
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebes right.... the Diamond is on its way out. I last had a monitor repaired about 3 years ago..... the repair cost me 40 pounds and only lasted 6 months.... is was to do with some high voltage component working loose, aparently....

DONT TRY TO FIX ONE OF THESE THINGS YOURSELF. you are unlikely to kill yourself (if you unplug the mains), but you ARE LIKELY to give yourself a bad shock - unless you know what you are doing! These have some SERIOUS voltages

I have a sony Trinitron myself, and get a little slow moving corruption (very faint though) when an old compaq monitor is turned on beside me...

It seems that the Sony monitors just arent that well shielded.... Put it a bit further from the first, and see if that helps....
              If it doesnt.... ah well.... sure your diamond is dying....

RedRed
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

thanks you guys have been really helpful, appreciate it.

well its time for "old bertha" aka diamond to be laid to rest i think, what shall be its future, fishbowl ? punchbowl ?, footrest ah who knows.

Cheer's

AD

p.s i will never get a 15inch diamond (AUD $200 again).. under two years old and it starts to complain pffffft
                www.cornidesign.com

Comment

Working...
                X