Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say WHAT??

Peter Main, Nintendo marketing executive, to the San Francisco Chronicle:

"No one will deny that Sony is a world-class hardware company, and no one would deny that Microsoft is a world-class software company. Nintendo aspires to be neither one of those things."

Huh??!!

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

The way things seem to work nowadays.....
    Nintendo will be comming out with its own PC & OS soon
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

OMG, I can well imagine how colourful, bloated and what "childish style" the Nintendo OS would be.

Wait a minute, MicroSoft beat them to it with their WindowsNintendo™ (oops, that's called WindowsXP IIRC... )
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
        OMG, I can well imagine how colourful, bloated and what "childish style" the Nintendo OS would be.

Wait a minute, MicroSoft beat them to it with their WindowsNintendo™ (oops, that's called WindowsXP IIRC... )
        I think thy called in a team from Fisher Price to help them with the look of XP, and I think those guys did some of the programming too! Stupid XP crashed on me again. (mainly cause NOTHING is compatible with it, especially programs that say they are "Designed for WinXP")
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

You noticed that too 'eh?

(now waiting for GURM to weigh in...)

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hehe, no I'm recusing myself from vehement OS arguments. Makes my blood pressure go up dangerously.

However, I _do_ have to say that Luna is quite silly.

BUT...

ThemeXP is a great site, with a free program to change it all. Right now I'm looking at the world through the LOTR:Gondor skin, which is KICK ASS.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Another great free program is WindowsBlinds XP. (With more great skinners, IMHO) Although the new MSStyles Xbox theme is pretty kickass...

Comment

The problem with Windowblinds is twofold...

1. Not universally compatible. It is supposed to hook into the hardware-accelerated GUI of WinXP but this is less-than-perfectly supported. StyleXP, on the other hand, actually hooks into the theme service.

2. Resource-intensive (since the hardware acceleration is less-than-perfect).

- Gurm

P.S. Lest you think I'm just being critical... not so. I own an Object Desktop subscription. WBXP has just been... *ahem* less than perfect in recent betas.
                Last edited by Gurm; 22 March 2002, 11:23.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I stay away from the betas and stick to the released versions. Rumours are that WB may start supporting MSStyles... (best of both worlds)

As for the not universally compatible, it is NOT because it isn't hooked into the theme service. (It is using it) The problem is that UIS2 does not work well with some applications. UIS1, which limits the features a skin can have, works with almost all the applications that UIS2 does not. (Most authors are including UIS1 versions of UIS2 skins)

The hardware acceleration I believe is excellent in nVidia cards, and poor in all others. I know my G400max chugs along... I should have my brothers comp up and running next week with a GF2MX, and will be able to test this theory.
                  Last edited by isochar; 22 March 2002, 13:20.

Comment

It's better. Some of the window redraw functions are positively snappy on my GFart. There's one feature, the name of which eludes me at the moment, which puts windows into video ram... THAT makes things quite a bit faster.

I think it just needs some tweaking... and hopefully the next non-beta will help.

- Gurm

Comment

Hyperpaint.

Comment

GI Joe for the boys, Barbie for the girls. In pink and army green
                        AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X