What's your favourite beer(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite beer(s)

This is an attempt to get the beer talk out of the G800 thread in TCB. Not that I want to stop the beer discussion - just trying to relocate it. Hey, it could be the first ever Forum Crawl!!!

My favourites are:
    - Beez Neez
    - Carlton Cold
    - Eumundi Lager (drank one semi-hot once and it still went down well! )
    <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

mine are:

- Hoevels
    - Ahornberger Landbier

and of course

ASTRA

Comment

Coopers Pale ale, Kilkenny....and Swan draught

Comment

mmm yes Coopers Pale, Kilkenny and Bass
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

never heard of Bass, what's that like.from where?.

I have had the Beez Neez a few times(on tap) very nice, but its a bit hard to find.

Comment

Some stuff from down the street (great Irish stout, nice Kolsch, fantastic cask IPA, etc.), New Belgium (1554 Black Ale, their Beir de Mars is great too), Bass, Guinness, good Hefeweizens, Yuengling....
            Attached Files
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Brussels style beer, made in America!!!

Comment

Bass Pale ale is a British beer, taste is fairly close to coopers pale, and the only thing I can find close here in 'British' Clone pubs... Japanese people usually don't like the yeast taste that much, -try feeding them vegimite, but never ever accept Nato (naato) in return

Dan
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

That looks suspiciously like a bottle of soy sauce, Rob.

Same color, too.

I'd like to try some of those exotic dark ales there, but here we are lucky to find Guinness (one fave) and Becks Dark (another) around here. Bass Ale is a good one, too. One of my all time favorites I have not had in years is Augsburger Dark. I was lucky enough to go to school (sometimes) at the University of Chicago in the early 80s, where I was exposed to lots of different beers. Augsburger has passed out of the hands of its original brewer though, and has been tossed back and forth like a poor relation. I have no idea if the stuff is anywhere near the same thing I knew 20 years ago. It was amazingly good for the price, and pretty potent, too. I remember leaving a few bottles around for a couple of days.. that's all the time it took for them to grow mold in them!

Here's a link: http://www.beerhunter.com/documents/19133-001650.html

Comment

i'd have to say my favourites are:

1. kronenbourg
                    2. stella artios
                    3. carling

non of that american rubbish here
                    Dell Inspiron 8200
                    Pentium4m 1.6
                    640mb pc2100
                    64mb gf440go
                    15" uxga ultrasharp
                    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
                      I have had the Beez Neez a few times(on tap) very nice, but its a bit hard to find. [/B]
                      Actually, that reminds me - I was going to drop in at the brewery and pick myself up a carton last week. Might have to put some money aside from my next paycheque towards one. Pretty steep at $49 a carton, but it's worth it.

The only problem is that the quality of it can vary from bottle to bottle. Some only have a hint of honey, others have a very definite honey taste to them.
                      <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

1. Pilsener Urquell
                        2. Amstel 1870
                        3. a lot of other pilseners (can't decide )

Comment

1) Tetley's - but only in Yorkshire, and hand-pulled
                          2) Young's AAA is nice for a bitter that you can get in London - I have actually had to switch to mainly lager since moving down!!!
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

From Holland
                            1. Amstel is so much better than Heniken

From Mexico
                            2. San Miguel is much better than Sol

Form India
                            3. Cobra is better than Kingfisher

........brewed under licence in the UK!

breezer
                            Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Any in my tummy!!!!!

Bass
                              Bass

Ohhhhh I forgot COBRA!

And Stella!

And.... annnnnnnd Bass
                              Last edited by RedRed; 21 March 2002, 06:23.
                              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
                              X