MSP6.5 weird error on large DV clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP6.5 weird error on large DV clip

Multiple file playback error: Can't create audio file.

What is MSP6.5 trying to tell me?

Captured a ~3hr 56min DV clip from an SVHS tape using TRV-120 A/D pass-thre, trimmed the ends, added a leader and a trailer pressed preview and got this message after ~50 minutes of rendering.

Preview Manager shows an absurd number (~4.3x10^33 KB) for the files associated with this project.

This prevents exporting back to tape although with the DV cam in VTR mode I can scrub and get the DV to show on the TV monitor

Looks like there are some DV bugs when clips get large enough.
    I've had no trouble with clips in the ~25GB range.

The captured clip is 47.5GB on my hard drive and Media Player has no trouble seeking thru it.

What in tarnation is MSP6.5 "rendering" here. Certainly shouldn't take ~50 minutes for my 12 sec leader and 30 sec trailer.

I was able to "create" a DV output file and smart render seemed to work. I was able to export the finished file back to tape using the Vegas Video capture tool's "preview to camera" mode.

System:
    ASUS A7V-133 1.4GHz Athelon T-bird
    1.5GB PC133 SDRAM
    Matrox G450
    Built in sound
    ADS Pyro 1394 card
    Netgeat 310FX network card.
    440GB on 4 internal drives & 1 1394 drive
    BTC DVDROM drive
    Liteon 16X CD-RW.

--wally.

I've used clips much larger than that before without a problem.

Are you using the default type1 project settings? Have you tried deleting all the temp files and starting with a fresh render? Are your temp & preview files moved off the C: drive and onto the array?

Might also be worth checking the array for errors.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yup same settings as I've always used, "previous" on the new project settings box that pops up by default.

You've captured "much larger" than 47.5GB in a single clip?
      How large is "much larger"?

I'm not using an array here. Single 120GB drive. Scan disk finds no errors. My "gold standard" is that Windows Media Player plays the clip and scrubs thru it without problems (I didn't watch all 4 hours in media player!).

Curious that I could export an output file but not do timeline export to tape.

Yes I deleted all previews Exited MSP and tried again, getting the same problem before I posted.

--wally.

Comment

Just over 54 gigs using a borrowed Canopus ADVC-100 to convert S-Video to DV as part of a test.

I don't really need one of my own because of the RT-2000's analog to DV capture capability.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X