Amiga One available for developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amiga One available for developers

Amiga Inc. anounced today, that their new PowerPC based systems are nearly finished and a limited source of new mainboards will be available for developers, costumers, and testers. The mainboards can be ordered till March 24.

The boards have an IBM-G3 with 600Mhz, and a version with an G4/700Mhz will be available when the AmigaOS4 is finished.

Attached Files
    There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
    For so long as one´s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
    -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

but can it run all the old games...of course it can

Comment

will it have a matrox parhelia?
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Umm... there's nothing on www.amiga.com that indicates that they're putting 'em out for developers, where'd ya read that?

Comment

Under www.heise.de/ct
          It was in the latest CeBIT news.

But I have to excuse myself for the wrong URL!
          The board can be directly found and ordered on the homepage of the developer: http://www.eyetech.co.uk/

Sorry bout that!

Everything about AmigaOS4 can be found at Hyperion
          http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com/_amiga/index.html
          as well as the latest Freespace-Demo!!!
          Last edited by Schattenreiter; 19 March 2002, 09:06.
          There is no weakness, but to cringe and despair because one thinks oneself weak.
          For so long as one´s will is undefeated one is strong, for so long as the desire for revenge still endures.
          -Tom Holland, Deliver us from Evil

Comment

This thing sucks. It's only a "sample" board, this is NOT ready for mass production (this is why it's only available in very small amounts for those three or four developpers left, I guess... )
            It's to use the bug-plagued VIA686B chip, and, worst of all, the CPU is SOLDERED to the board, they currently have no real plans to make a socketed version (cost issues). So you have absolutely no real upgrading path, which was in the past one of the biggest advantages of the Amiga IMHO.
            Last not least, most of Haage&Partner (or Hyperion as well) software sucked majorly when I tried it.

I'm still hoping for PegasOS / MorphOS.
            Last edited by Indiana; 20 March 2002, 17:43.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
            X