Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But its more convinient for us that way.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But its more convinient for us that way.....

In sweden We have Telia who virtualy owns the telephone accessnet!

So If you want to have ADSL in sweden, you have to be ready for monopolistic behauvior....

as in:

The bragg about their cheap and quick broadband ( 512kbdown/700kbup )
    for only 32,5$ (with a 10skr=1$) a month!

and yes I think that 32,5 amonth is cheap!

BUT!

Telia means that because its more convinient for them, that I should pay per 3 months periods in advance

and ofcourse they clump togheter the instalation fee, the modem cost, 5 month of rent and bills me all that at one time:

300$

and as my salary is about 900$(after tax,tax,tax) a month this is a big chunk of money!

after 3 hours of trying to reach them on phone I reach someone so I can splice it up on three payments !

a qoute from the one I talket with:

"But isn't it convenient to pay a large sum once than a lots of small sums"

If you subscribe to a paper you usualy gets a rebate when you pay in advance but with Telia you get so much conveinience instead
    Last edited by Technoid; 20 March 2002, 03:16.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Technoid

it is a bit expensive....

I wanted to ask you, how does the processing of webspace work with Telia?

The reason I ask is because they are the fors company sold a Linux solution on their mega servers - I cant remember what they are called.... 1 server can run tens of thousands of virtual webservers.....

I was just wondering how it panned out? I remember reading about it a year ago.... My work is looking into Linux running Virtual machines for a particular app, and it caught my interest.

RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
    X