Matrox Graphics to come back? Parhelia on the [long] way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Graphics to come back? Parhelia on the [long] way

Hehe Again we are being quoted on reactor critical!

According to several sources, Matrox Graphics is going to return to the arena during the next couple of months. According to different sources, web-sites and other means of information, the Matrox`s new one code-named Parhelia is going to be DirectX 9 compliant and contain 4 pixel and 4 vertex shader pipelines and also support 256-bit memory access. The core and memory speed is rumoured to be 300 MHz, giving us 19.2 GB/s memory bandwidth. The totally redesigned 2D engine will be not only capable of several new features, but also support more flexible and comfortable multi-monitor configurations.

Some say that there will be different models targeting different segments of the market: from average home-user to hardcore-gamer and 3d-graphics professional.

In fact, we do not believe that everything mentioned above is true. Firstly, because of the fact that DirectX 9 is not due in April or May. Secondly, if Matrox had the GPU taped-out, it would have contacted the graphics boards manufacturers, causing leaks. Although they really had contacted several, we have not heard of Parhelia that was going to be launched in the first half of 2002. Thirdly, Matrox Graphics is not going to take part in CeBIT, one of the reasons is because they are moving to the niche market of 2D graphics professionals and they do not need to attend any events in order to sell the certain number of boards.

Sources: MURC; 3DSpeed.org
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

hahahaha...should have read MURC Crystal Ball for source

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Re: Matrox Graphics to come back? Parhelia on the [long] way

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Guru
      Secondly, if Matrox had the GPU taped-out, it would have contacted the graphics boards manufacturers, causing leaks.

Since when does matrox use graphic board manufacturers? I thought they still made their own, which doesnt cause leaks. and what about the geforce 3? isnt that directX 8 compliant, and directX 8 wasnt realeased yet when the geforce 3 saw daylight.

So, go home and screw yourself

WE BELIEVE IN PARHELIA
      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

knirfie, this is exactly what Guru is poking fun at... he's just funnin at the inaccuracy's.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          knirfie, this is exactly what Guru is poking fun at... he's just funnin at the inaccuracy's.
          I even mailed the guy who wrote this and pointed it out!
          He even answered me and told me that his "inside" sources (read borad manufacturers) that he could not reveal at the moment have confirmed this!

For a good laugh mail this guy and see for yourself!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru, one thing I still dont get, why do you say matrox would have contacted video boards manufacturers if they had had the GPU taped-out. They dont use other maunufacturers. Or do they?

I dont get it, maybe it's me, maybe i'm stupid or something... nope, that cant be the problem.
            Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Originally posted by knirfie
              Guru, one thing I still dont get, why do you say matrox would have contacted video boards manufacturers if they had had the GPU taped-out. They dont use other maunufacturers. Or do they?

I dont get it, maybe it's me, maybe i'm stupid or something... nope, that cant be the problem.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It's not me saying it I'm just quoting an article from http://www.reactorcritical.com/#l1071 !

Comment

then next time say it's a quote, i thought that third part wath you explenation of what was wrong with all of the stuff above. sorry

Comment

Hehe Again we are being quoted on reactor critical!
                  Read my first post!

Comment

ok, didnt know all of it was a quote, maybe i am stupid... nah

Comment

Your not stupid, you just don't pay attention.

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

P take

one of the reasons is because they are moving to the niche market of 2D graphics professionals
                        What do you mean Guru?

P.
                        Meet Jasmine.
                        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Read my prewious answer!

Here we go again....

Comment

Re: Read my prewious answer!

Originally posted by Guru
                            Here we go again....
                            What do you mean? Why do you post stuff that's not true? You're a liar!!!

---------------------------
                            Jorden was my teacher, Knirfie looks like a good successor
                            Knock Knock............ Who's there? Guess who! HAR HAR HAR

Comment

Ok i know i'm a mini MURCer too.. but HOW MANY mini MURCers!
                              NocturnDragon

Comment

Working...
                              X