No announcement yet.

Any way to recover Ulead project files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to recover Ulead project files?

I was using Ulead MSP6, and finished a 20 minute video. I tried to render and my computer crashed. Now I cannot open up the .dvp file... any suggestions? or am I screwed?
    -Jonathan Beilin
    Abit BX6R2, P2-400, 256MB SDRAM, G400 MAX, Hansol 19"

Jonathan

Depending exactly what happened, it may not be your dvp file that is haywire: it could be one of the video files it tries to call up. If you open the dvp file in a binary editor, you will find that each video file is called for several times. It requires only a single filename error to pockle the whole project (or a corrupt video file).

I doubt whether there's much chance of correcting it if you don't have a backup. This is a real problem with large projects, as backing up requires not only large resources but time, as well.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Try starting a new project & inserting the previous dvp file into it.

It worked for me once.

Good Luck

John

Comment

You might also want to delete the preview and temp files as well. If one of them gets whacked it'll also cause problems.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks guys! I did some of the hexediting, deleted the preview/temp files, moved the .dvp file to a different directory, then started a new project and imported it and... everything worked.
          -Jonathan Beilin
          Abit BX6R2, P2-400, 256MB SDRAM, G400 MAX, Hansol 19"

Comment

Working...
          X