X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Years of Graphics.

Nice graph on first page.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Nice graph indeed.

Comment

Did you guys read the article?

Man that is quite the extensive article! It's interesting too!
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Altough he forgot the Matrox m3D in his overview
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
          Altough he forgot the Matrox m3D in his overview
          He did too! But wasn't that card based on the Power VR PCX2 chip?

The M3D was the first "3D" graphics I've seen before. I was always used to the pesky "software" mode.
          Last edited by ZokesPro; 17 March 2002, 12:32.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

He left out the Mystique, too - which is fairly criminal considering it came WELL before anyone else was delivering a 2d/3d integrated solution that was worth a damn.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Just finished, good article.

He seemed to forget the whole nVidia driver release as the ATI 8500 was released thing though. (does that make sense?)

Quite informative.

Ali

Comment

Gurm,

The mystique is there. He mentioned it first as the MGA10?? chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbert
                  Gurm,

The mystique is there. He mentioned it first as the MGA10?? chipset.
                  No, the MGA-2064W is mentioned, which is the Millennium. The mystique is missing completely, which is very wrong. IT was the first 'proper' 2d/3d card that let me run mechwarrior properly

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC

No, the MGA-2064W is mentioned, which is the Millennium. The mystique is missing completely, which is very wrong. IT was the first 'proper' 2d/3d card that let me run mechwarrior properly
                    The bundled version was great
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

yep, when I could finally afford a real graphics card, (I had a Trident 9440), I picked up a Mystique 170. Sold it and bought a 4meg Mystique 220. Bought an M3D, to use for 3d and kept the 220 for regular stuff. Sold em all and bought a G200 8meg. Sold that and grabbed a G400 32meg. Loved it for 2 years or more, but it was too slow and now I have broken with tradition and bought a ATI Radeon 8500 64meg. Oh well at least it is still Canadian and not an Nvidia card.

that acounts for 7 years as well hehe
                      AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X