G400max+RR and Adaptec 1200A raid 0 jerky playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400max+RR and Adaptec 1200A raid 0 jerky playback

I have bought an Adaptec 1200A raid 0 controller for video, and configured it with 2xIBM 80Gb 120GXP harddisks. The 160Gb drive has been partioned like this: 4Gb, 4Gb, 66Gb NTFS, 30Gb FAT32, 30 Gb FAT32, 18Gb FAT32.

I still have a 40Gb disk for operating systems. I use Win98 because I want to use YUY2. I record using avi_io, cif (352x288) and huffyuv.

It records fine, with no frame drops, but I get gerky playback. A jerk every 2-3 seconds, in the lower part of the picture.

When I record on the 40Gb disk everything is fine. When I use mjpeg on the raid everything is fine. I've also tried VirtualDub with the same result. Tried different picture sizes and without compression, with same result.

Have disabled cd-rom notification, write-behind and that stuff.

Any advise will be appreciated. thanks.

Hardware:
    Soltek 75KAV motherboard with 1Ghz AMD and 512Mb sdram.

ups, forgot to say that I also tried to install my G450 eTV card (big Matrox fan) because I thought it was a pci thing. Same result.

I've also tried to set the raid controller to it's own irq, and tried to switch pci slot. same result.

Sounds like an Adaptec problem, but strange why it works with mjpeg, and not yuy2/huffyuv.

Comment

Working...
    X