Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

My G400 crashes me back to the desktop in IL2 and says " Your Hardware does not support this setting" when ever I select Open GL as the driver in HL, oh and also runs like a dog in Direct 3d mode in HL now too and gives me a ping of about 1000 when it should be 200 as well, weird.

I'm using Win2000 and have tried reinstalling it as well as doing a hardware check on the G400 which passes with no issues, I've also tried rolling back the drivers. Works fine in direct X.
    Whats wrong? Anyone else come across this before?

What's your hardware, what driver are you running etc, etc.

We would need some more details please.

Comment

I have a ASUS P2Bs with 458 MB RAM and a Celeron 1Gig CPU the latest Bios for my P2b. I currently have the powerdesk 5.82 drivers but have also tried the W2K certified ones as well, I dont think its a powerdesk problem, I think theres something wrong at a win2K driver or registry level.

Open GL was working with IL2 but I switched to Dirext X for the better frame rate but not so good textures. HL was working ok as well, but has suddenly started to look really bad in Drect 3D and running really slowly... I tried re-installing HL and that did not fix the problem. The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I ran a small utillity from the latest PC mag that stops services running and turning up in you apps tray ( Mike Lin's Startup Control).
      I have a feeling that if I do a complete reinstall of Win2000 i.e. re-format the harddrive clean install and reload all the drivers, it will probably fix the problem but what a hassle after sorting out all the other issues I thought I had a stable system. Never had these probs with Win98 SE, seems that the G400 and W2K dont like each other that much.

Comment

oh... that problem. i have had it to. i went back to old drivers...

but, force AGPx1. it will help you from alot of craches.

Comment

Yes well after just installing Win2k on my flatmates PC Open Gl dosent work with his Voodoo 3000 either. After searching on the web I found one article that said Open Gl works on some PCs with Win2k and not others (and nobody knows why) even if two Pc have the same config and hardware one will work and the wont.
          Very strange, I'm going to have a look at TechNet, also I have BIOS 2.1 or something similar for my G400 Max are there any advantages in updating it to the latest 2.55 I think? Could this be part of the issue?

Comment

Working...
          X