No announcement yet.

Any MURCers in the Santa Clara area???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any MURCers in the Santa Clara area???

I'll be in Santa Clara for a bit the next 3-4 weeks on Business. I'll Probably be staying at the Biltmore across from Intel. I'll be going out there the Monday after next for the first trip.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Paul! I work right down the street. We should hook up and have some lunch(my treat). Let me know and we can set it up. Email me: helevitia@yahoo.com

This is where I work:

I live 30 miles from here, commute blows. I am in the area 5 days a week though. I look forward to meeting you.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hey Cool Dave!!!!!

I've never been up there before.

Plus I hate the Intel cafeteria food

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hey, maybe I can join you guys. I work in Fremont, but can get to that area in about 20 minutes. (So I'll take a long lunch ) About 10 years ago, my company's Christmas party was in the Biltmore.

Helevitia, what company do you work at? Looking at the map, it looks pretty close to KLA or Cisco.
        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Can't blame you Paul. I hear Intel food really sucks, even in Chandler.

Beezer: Cisco.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
            Hey Cool Dave!!!!!

I've never been up there before.

Plus I hate the Intel cafeteria food

Paul
            I hear ya! I used to like my Cafeteria food but it's really gotten horrible. Plus, now I have an excuse to actually leave work Just let me know what kind of food you like and I'll take you to the right spot.

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Helevitia, what company do you work at? Looking at the map, it looks pretty close to KLA or Cisco.
              You are really good with your maps I work for Cisco. So put in for a long lunch in a few weeks and we can all hook up Maybe we can get Paul(the other one) to join us from San Fran.

Dave
              Last edited by Helevitia; 16 March 2002, 09:40.

Comment

Beezer: Cisco.
                Oops, missed that

MILESTONE: 1500 posts
                Last edited by Helevitia; 16 March 2002, 09:42.

Comment

I'm not too picky so I'll let you decide where we'll have lunch.

I would like to know if there are any good Thai resturants close to where I'll be staying.

Paul

Comment

Some time this year, I will be going to KLA for some traning! When the time comes Ill post somthng. It will be nice to hookup with you all.

P.S. Yep the food at the intel cafeteria sucks!

Paul when are we going over to eat at Bob's Burgers, soon I hope!

Oboy
                    Last edited by Oboy; 16 March 2002, 10:06.
                    Time to make the wafers!
                    Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                    jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Ya, I haven't had a lunch hour that I didn't work through in some time now.

I got a map labled. I finally figured out the file storage nightmare with Comcast.....LOL

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Oboy
                        Some time this year, I will be going to KLA for some traning!
                        Damn, you're joining the Kosovo Liberation Army? It must be getting quite ugly in the fabs if that's necessary.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

It's Bad Very Bad.....ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                            I'm not too picky so I'll let you decide where we'll have lunch.

I would like to know if there are any good Thai resturants close to where I'll be staying.

Paul
                            hmmm...I have to admit, I don't know any good Thai restraunts in the area. Problem is, the guys I go to lunch with are close minded to some types of food. One of them straight up refuses to eat vegetables. Let's see...I can take you to Mexican, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Italian, American(please, no hotdogs and hamburgers ), and some other assortment of different food places. I do know of 3 Thai Restraunts but they aren't close by, they are where I live(30 miles away). There are plenty of Thai restraunts around so now that I think about it, we can go check them out. I'll ask around and see what the favs are

Dave

Comment

xortam took care of the Thai restaurant.

Looks good for some evening to me.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X